I have leftover cream cheese. What can I do with it?

Options
gooiyw
gooiyw Posts: 114 Member
I bought a small tub of cream cheese for spreading on my smoked salmon sandwich. I'll probably repeat this lunch sometime this week or next. Aside from that, what else can I do with cream cheese? Anybody with any recipes that utilises cream cheese? Wouldn't want the tub to go to waste. :ohwell:

Replies

• veasse
    veasse Posts: 25
    Options
    i have the same problem! bought cream cheese then we decided to cut out bagels this week so we have an extra tub too! dont want it to go bad...
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My favourite it wrapped chicken breasts. Slice down the underide of the breast a few times to butterfly it out and make a little ouch area - fill with cream cheese, wrap the sides of the breast back over it, and stick a slice of bacon or proscuttio around the chicken breast to secure it. Bang in the oven until cooked, then thank me when you're done eating :drinker:

Just be sure to keep a count on your calories, and eat with plenty of fresh veg, yum!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My favourite it wrapped chicken breasts. Slice down the underide of the breast a few times to butterfly it out and make a little ouch area - fill with cream cheese, wrap the sides of the breast back over it, and stick a slice of bacon or proscuttio around the chicken breast to secure it. Bang in the oven until cooked, then thank me when you're done eating :drinker:

Just be sure to keep a count on your calories, and eat with plenty of fresh veg, yum!

you can add spinach in with this too
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    fill the middle of a celery stick for a snack
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options

I love this recipe too x
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    ...not super healthy options, but with appropriate serving sizes shouldn't be too bad for a treat.

1) bean dip: Coat the bottom of a bowl with 2 tbsp CC, layer some beans from a can and a tbsp of shredded cheese. Microwave and use crackers/chips/bread whatever to dip.

2) spread a little cream cheese over a piece of salami or ham and roll it up like a fruit roll-up

And my favorite!!!!

3) Fruit Pizza: get a whole grain wrap, spread cream cheese, and chop up fresh fruit to lay on top. I like to make it look pretty and professionally done like a bakery. I like to put strawberries, blueberries, banana, and raspberries.
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump
  • tubbs_nomore
    Options
    Put a Tbsp of olive oil in a non stick pan...over Med. heat saute fresh minced garlic, a Tbsp of finely diced shallot until tender....add cream cheese to pan stir til melted..add some basil & oregano...just a wee bit... lots of pepper... toss in a cup of diced cooked chicken and some cooked alfredo noodles, toss well & enjoy . you may need to add a drizzle of milk to make more of a sauce, if it doesnt quite coat everything enough. You can tweak this to your taste.
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Spread small amount of cream cheese on a piece of deli ham or turkey. Roll a pickle up in the meat, slice and eat as a snack or appetizer. Most people use dill pickles (which I hate) but I use Mt. Olive no sugar sweet gherkins. Love these. I take cream cheese, meat and pickles to work at least once a week and have this as one of my snacks. I try to use between 2-3 Tablespoons of cream cheese. And I've gotten to the point where I just grab a piece of deli meat, smear on CC, roll and eat. Practice makes perfect, lol.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    NOT DIET FRIENDLY, but I have been dreaming of these. You put cream cheese and strawberries in the middle of two pieces of bread. Cut the crusts off and crimp the edges sealed. Put your little pillows of delicious in french toast batter. Cook. Drool. Eat.:drinker:
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    I love to make strawberry toast with it! I toast a slice of bread, spread on cream cheese, and then top with ripe strawberries. It is SO good!
  • 20dee
    20dee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    cut the top off of some jalapenos
    put the cream cheese down in the jalapeno (you can also use any type of cheese)
    wrap a slice of bacon around the outside of the jalapeno (optional but yummy)
    grill or bake until bacon is done
    ENJOY
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Mushrooms ohh my!

Ingredients
    24 whole fresh button mushrooms
    1 tablespoon EVO oil
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1/2 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
    Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
    When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
    Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.

These are wonderful!!!! After putting all the ingredients in MFP recipe calculator, they were only 19 calories a piece!!!
  • 20dee
    Options
    Stuffed Mushrooms ohh my!

Ingredients
    24 whole fresh button mushrooms
    1 tablespoon EVO oil
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1/2 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
    Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
    When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
    Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.

These are wonderful!!!! After putting all the ingredients in MFP recipe calculator, they were only 19 calories a piece!!!
    Sounds great
  • 20dee
    Options
    oh my is right! i'm trying these mushrooms tonight.
    thanks gooseafur
  • rainbowroots
    Options
  • powersmatti
    Options
    If it's fat free or low fat add it to cauliflowers for a good cauliflower mash or to soups to thicken them and make them creamy!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I loooooooooooooooove cream cheese with sliced tomato, ground black pepper on Vitawheat crackers
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    blend it in with pudding and it's kind of like eating a mousse...
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I like cream cheese with cocktail sauce and baby shrimp on crackers

also, you can do cream cheese tipped with pizza sauce heat in microwave till warm, and use as a dip for whole wheat crackers/bread.

I make my own pizza and cocktail sauce using tomato paste so I can cut down on the sugar.