energy boosters

Options
I had a slight headache so I popped a couple excedrine tension headaches....the headache is gone and within 5 or 10 minutes I was wide awake and alert feeling (and happy....I'm grouchy when I'm tired). I know it's from the caffeine in the pills, but I loved the instant awake.

I obviously don't want to pop an excedrine anytime I feel tired, and I don't drink pop much anymore and I'm not a coffee drinker. Are there any safe, natural (sorry don't like tea if that's a suggestion) supplements or anything I can take to wake up now and then?

Note: my sleepiness seems to have no rhyme or reason. I've been dragging all week and last despite getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night and falling asleep pretty quickly once in bed. It seems I can get plenty of sleep and still be tired, other times get almost no sleep and be energized. My body makes no sense.

Replies

• CristinaMunoz
    Options
    Try taking a multi vitamin or just a b-complex for natural energy.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I had a slight headache so I popped a couple excedrine tension headaches....the headache is gone and within 5 or 10 minutes I was wide awake and alert feeling (and happy....I'm grouchy when I'm tired). I know it's from the caffeine in the pills, but I loved the instant awake.

I obviously don't want to pop an excedrine anytime I feel tired, and I don't drink pop much anymore and I'm not a coffee drinker. Are there any safe, natural (sorry don't like tea if that's a suggestion) supplements or anything I can take to wake up now and then?

Note: my sleepiness seems to have no rhyme or reason. I've been dragging all week and last despite getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night and falling asleep pretty quickly once in bed. It seems I can get plenty of sleep and still be tired, other times get almost no sleep and be energized. My body makes no sense.

The best cure for that is E-X-E-R-C-I-S-E
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I can (I don't anymore) drink soda with caffeine in it and it doesn't do me anything. I cannot take any kind of medicine with caffeine in it like midol, vivarin, or excedrin, it messes my stomach up so bad. Just be careful.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    b-12 spray. I have tried so many things it's ridiculous...but this really really HELPS.

Cindy
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I take B-12 injections