Coffee creamer

Options
I've just started with myfitnesspal and think it's great. I have come realize that I am using almost 200 calories because of my love for flavored creamer ( I have 2 cups of coffee in the morning). Does anyone have other suggestions that I could use instead of flavored creamer?

Replies

• kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    coffee mate sugar free vanilla is only 15 calories a tablespoon in comparison to 35 calories a tablespoon like others. it takes a little bit to get used to but i did and i was a big time creamer addict. i am down to only needing 2-3 tablespoons tops now
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    very hard to cut down....

I had to give up dairy for a bit to see about reactions...I used light coconut milk from a can and would add a splash of vanilla or some cinnimon to my coffee...

Now I can have a small amount of dairy so I use half and half...I do have flavored creamer available to me and a few times a week i will have a 2nd cup in the afternoon I will add a serving of coffee creamer and treat the cup as a "treat" (I will usually pair it with a flavored coffee - thank god for the Kuerig Machine)- I stick with the Sweet Cream Natural because I am watching my sugars and carbs and that has a lower ratio then some of the other flavored creamers without a bunch of added chemicals and flavorings

Flavor creamer in general isn't bad if you stick to the serving size....the problem is sticking to that serving size...this is why I switched to half and half for my morning coffee so I can have twice as much for about the same calorie/sugar/carb counts...

If you don't want to give up the flavored (and life is too short to give up something you love) then I would factor it in and watch the serving size since being a little heavy handed can make those calories go up and up
  • layagh51
    layagh51 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you.. I will try the coconut milk..:) there is coconut flavor creamer I love..
  • Pizzagirl50
    Pizzagirl50 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I use the flavored Splenda and have learned to skip the milk/cream.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I couldn't cut it out, I look forward to my morning cup of coffee. Instead, I use a tablespoon to measure out one serving. I also drink the flavored coffee.
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I drink flavored coffee, same taste minus the cals!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. I will try the coconut milk..:) there is coconut flavor creamer I love..

Just to warn you it probably won't taste the same...it isn't as sweet...but it is a bit on the thicker side (lite in a can will stay liquid in the fridge - I pour it into a glass jar)

another option would be something like Almond milk - we have vanilla sweetened almond milk at our house because my daughter is allergic to lactose...I will use that sometimes - for 2 tablespoons it isn't that much calorie/sugar/carb wise but adds a touch of sweetness