Love PB?

This is pretty random, but I have been seeing people say they miss pb or cut it out altogether. Well not anymore, people!! Has anyone heard of powdered peanut butter? I tried some last week and it is amazing. The brand I bought was called Just Organic. When they go through the dehydrating process 85% of the fat is elminated. You end up with powder that is 45 cals for 2 TBS. You can just add powder to oatmeal, smoothies, shakes, yogurt, etc OR you can mix with one TBS water and it is soooo good, too. I think everyone should try it! I know there are other brands out there like PB2. You can buy it in the health/organic food aisles of most grocery stores. I am sure places like GNC sell it as well. Just a warning: The price might be a little high. Trust me, it is worth it. If you like it you can always buy in bulk online, I plan to once I get my paycheck.

That is all, fellow pb lovers, that is all.

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    i kind of like PB also because it has healthy fats...without it is kinda pointless
  • bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    I don't care about the fats. I care about the taste and that PB is so super yummy!

I'm going to drop by my local health food place and see if they carry it!!

• ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Haha, you americans love your peanut butter ;) I like the low calorie aspect of this, but agree that it's good because of it's healthy fats. Still, I imagine it's good for flavouring things
  • amalin84
    amalin84 Posts: 12 Member
    The Unsalted & All Natural PBs are better for you than the processed ones. The brand I enjoy is Teddie -Old Fashioned Unsalted All Natural Peanut Butter Smooth ( but they also have the chunky version and a salted version too)
    Serving Size =2tbsp. Cal:190; *Fat Cal140; *Total Fat : 16g Chol: 0mg; Sodium 0mg; Total Carb 7g; Fiber 3g; Sugars 1g; Protein 8g.

Ingredients: Roasted Peanuts.

*Even though PB is high in fat, its the good kind of fat that you can keep in your diet.

Also, I buy this PB at the grocery store.

I hope this info is helpful to those who love PB and thought they need to cut it out of their diet!
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Thanks Kassie. I love peanut butter but had taken it off my diary because of the high calories and high sodium numbers. I will be looking for some after work. Thanks for the post.
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    I agree with the high fats = good fats, but a lot of people already have a lot of that in their diet and don't need more. Plus, you can combine this with normal PB if you want. And just because it is getting rid of 85% there still is some but for a smaller "price", so to speak. I eat pb, almond butter, and pb2. This is just another healthy option out there!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    i kind of like PB also because it has healthy fats...without it is kinda pointless

This. The fat is the reason I eat peanut butter.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    PB2 is great. I love to use it to add some protein to my breakfast on days I have oatmeal. I still eat regular PB too, but this gives me even more options.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    I actually just ordered some from PB2.. its cheaper then regular pb..I paid like 4.00 a bottle on their website. cant wait to try it!! :bigsmile: I eat a ton of PB right now because I love it so much so this will help alot.. Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    The fat in pb is healthy fat so I don't see the point in eliminating that. Peanut butter is on my most used foods list. I prefer natural food to a processed food that removes something healthy just to lower the calories.