iF YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT...YOU'RE MY FRICKIN HERO!

Options
13»

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I love this post!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your empowering post. I have lost 60 lbs and although I see so many changes, I focus too much on how much I still need to lose instead of appreciating my hard work and dedication in what I have already accomplished. Yours is one of the best posts ever written on the site. :smile:
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    All I will add is that the more you give of yourself to this incredible lifestyle the more addictive it becomes.

Dead on. Even just a little success can grow into some gnarly, huge success. And we've all already begun.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    thank you thank you thank you.

it's much much nicer to hear 'good job' than "you can do better."
  • Michael164
    Options
    Well said Ced!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Great post!

I feel like I don't congratulate myself enough for how far I've come, I only see how much farther I have to go.

Thanks for making me stop and pat myself on the back!
  • UFCGirl1988
    UFCGirl1988 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have lost 20lbs in the past 6 weeks, but I can't get myself myself moving to exercise or even walk as it hurts my knees and lower back. Any suggestions? Thanks, Irene

Have you tried just punching a punching bag or even the air? I am doing Jillian Michaels 30ds and she says that ppl w/ lower extremities issues should just throw punches. It does raise the heart rate and makes me sweat a little when i do it in the 30DS, and that is only for 30 sec i can just imagine what it would do if i did it for 15-30 min.
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank You!!!! :flowerforyou:
    being on here you see so many people doing so good....sometimes I forget to look at my own progress!!!!
    You are awesome for this post!!! Everyone on here has given me the motivation....and I thank you!!!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Seriously! i think we see 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200 pound losses and think it's really not that big a deal..but in a society where obesity is a MAJOR problem it's to be applauded.

I know we all are our harshest critics, but take time and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. if you have tried your best, if you have exercised and still haven't seen the results you are looking for..well keep on exercising. You are doing your heart a huge favor actually.

I pray that all of you reach your goals! And remember success can be measured so many ways, so don't lose hope, don't lose faith because it could be tomorrow that you have that breakthrough!

Thanks!!! It's easy to forgot how far you have come ...
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this reminder!!! I've love 32+ lbs and even though I see the scale go down and seen the pants sizes get smaller I see how much more I'd like to lose.

And the health benefits are awesome!!! Since working out and doing the C25K program (I was not a runner and somewhere in there I became one....I'm not fast but I can do 30-40 minutes straight) My resting heart rate has gone from mid 80s to around 70!!! That's huge!!!

So thanks for the acknowledgement!!!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Thank you :-) I needed to read that this morning and remind myself just how far I've come and to relax about these last few pounds. I'm a healthy person now and "out of the woods" as far as obesity is concerned.
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great motivation! This will help me push through when i feel like my all isn't enough. I'm taking steps to a better me, and just for that I should be proud. Such a great post to see this afternoon!! :drinker:
  • rissuhbissuh
    Options
    Just what I needed to hear Ced! Thanks for the encouragement and you're doing great too, man! :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed that.

I seem to have been at a standstill for a while - gaining and losing the same two pounds for weeks. It's kind of making me crazy..........but I have to stop and realize how far I've come, and that I CAN DO THIS!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well said!!!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ced, that was nice :smile: