6 months into my transformation!

Options
brendacooks
brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
Today is my 6 month "anniversary" on MFP. It's amazing to me to look back and see how far I have come, how many things have changed, how good I feel. Back in October I weighed 220 lbs. My BMI was 34.4. I took my measurements and nearly cried. I just couldn't get over how big I was. Of course, I knew I was fat but truly - I was shocked by the numbers. You can't argue with the facts - and my particular facts shocked me to the core. It got me going and it has kept me going. One of the things I love about MFP is that it allows me to keep my facts front and centre every day. So do you want to know my particular facts as of today? Well, I'm going to tell you anyway!!!
Today I weigh 189lbs (that's 31 lbs lost!) My BMI is 29.6. I have lost 23 inches. I have gone from a size 18 to a size 12. I feel really well. I am fit. I am eating healthy food and I am excited at the prospect of losing another 30 lbs and moving into the normal BMI range. I am excited about being fit enough to go bike riding with my son and walking with my husband. I love dancing - and now I can dance all night long. That is a wonder. and one last thing - I look a lot better. Hell - I look GOOD! (I'd post pictures but I dont' know how)
11672710.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• unwritten87
    Options
    congratulations! 31 lbs in six months is amazing! keep it up =)
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment! So glad to hear how proud you are of yourself - because you should be! Thanks for showing everyone reading this that hard work pays off :)

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your great accomplishments in the last 6 months!! Your journey is inspiring. :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    SOOOO Great to hear! An inspiring story! Keep up the great work :)
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I can relate to your story. It was "the facts" that got me to finally realize I was overweight...I mean obese. I always felt good about myself on the inside and it kept me from really seeing what was happening on the outside. But you are right. Facts are facts and the number on the scale, when I finally stepped on, was a game changer. I wish you continued success. You are an inspriation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!