mood: frustrated

Options
thouroughly frustrated! Ive been on MFP 27 days (starting my weight loss adveture 10 days prior) so Ive been at this 37 days...my weigh in this morning was nothing. stayed the same as last week - didnt gain but didnt lose. Ive been eating well, exercising (for me) hard....I just want to see a little movement on the scale. And yes, I did measure and there was NO difference in my measurements either. Im not giving up, maybe a little less food (since I maintained) but not down to 1200 calories... but, honestly, if I going to weigh 158 and eat what I was eating and not exercise OR 155 and eat the way I am and stress everyday about fitting in exercise... the 158 is winning. I just want to see some results...little ones but something. ugh!
thanks for listening.

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    AGREED. It seems like no matter how well I eat and how much I exercise, I just can't lose. And I've been feeling EXACTLY like you do. If I can weight around 156-158 eating whatever I want and not exercising, or weigh 153-154 by counting every calorie and working out, whats the point, right? Me and you girl, we need some motivation!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    If you only have 15lbs to go (per your profile), 1200 is probably what you need (NET, eating back your exercise). It's all a numbers gain, calories in, calories out, so you've apparently got your numbers out of whack. Do you want to share your stats (age, height, weight). Then you can get some concrete feedback on how much you should be consuming.

People often freak out when they see 1200 calories, but really, I exercise FIVE days a week. So there are only 2 days per week that I actually eat that little food. I exercise every other day so I am usually closer to 1600 or so.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You do not have alot of weight to lose so you should have a very small deficit, no more then 0.5 pound a week. Also weight loss is up and down naturally, just keep at it. Take your measurements also because the scale is not the best way to know if you are doing ok. Also dear, patience
  • giddybutterfly
    Options
    Sure - I will share -- any help is helpful:

Height 5'7"
    age 43
    female
    weight (started) 158
    today 155
    Body Fat % 27.2
    BMR about 1440
    TDEE about 2200

I was eating 1200 plus my exercise calories, but recently went up to about 1500-1600 based on my TDEE - but Im not sure Im doing any of this right based on my results.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    thouroughly frustrated! Ive been on MFP 27 days (starting my weight loss adveture 10 days prior) so Ive been at this 37 days...my weigh in this morning was nothing. stayed the same as last week - didnt gain but didnt lose. Ive been eating well, exercising (for me) hard....I just want to see a little movement on the scale. And yes, I did measure and there was NO difference in my measurements either. Im not giving up, maybe a little less food (since I maintained) but not down to 1200 calories... but, honestly, if I going to weigh 158 and eat what I was eating and not exercise OR 155 and eat the way I am and stress everyday about fitting in exercise... the 158 is winning. I just want to see some results...little ones but something. ugh!
    thanks for listening.
    Weight loss isn't linear. There will be weeks when nothing seem to happen. Consistency is what it takes. You can have a bad day, a bad week, and a bad month, but if you're consistent you'll never have a bad year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • giddybutterfly
    Options
    You do not have alot of weight to lose so you should have a very small deficit, no more then 0.5 pound a week. Also weight loss is up and down naturally, just keep at it. Take your measurements also because the scale is not the best way to know if you are doing ok. Also dear, patience

Yes, patience... I know. Im trying -- thats why Im venting here... to get those keep goings that I know I need! Thanks!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Yes, patience... I know. Im trying -- thats why Im venting here... to get those keep goings that I know I need! Thanks!!

Believe me, I get frustration LOL. I have been doing this for the last 500 days and the last 10 pounds are stubborn.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I know, I get frustrated too. I've been on MFP 4 months (since Dec) and I've lost a whopping 7 lbs. My stats are similar to yours (5'6", 46 yrs old, starting weight 156.8). I think our slow movement is due to 2 reasons: 1) Our age (sorry to say) and 2) we are within are proper weight range (albeit at the higher end). I was stuck at 152 forever - weeks! My initial goal was to get to 150 and I just made that last week (149.8). Hang in there because you are doing great! Healthy habits is what it's all about - I keep telling myself over and over and over and over....again. :smile:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Height 5'7"
    age 43
    female
    weight (started) 158
    today 155
    Body Fat % 27.2
    BMR about 1440
    TDEE about 2200

I was eating 1200 plus my exercise calories, but recently went up to about 1500-1600 based on my TDEE - but Im not sure Im doing any of this right based on my results.

IF your TDEE is around 2200, then you should be eating around 1800 calories (20% deficit). Also, what type of exercises are you doing?
  • rockridge5203
    rockridge5203 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have a big drink of water at least a half hour before your meal...Are you starting your lunch/dinner with some raw veggies and a big salad? This makes a big difference.

:drinker: Let us know how you're doing on that!:drinker:
  • al0204
    al0204 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!! I know exactly what you mean.....I've lost a measly 3 pounds since October 2011, HOWEVER, I just bought a pair of size 8 jeans yesterday!!! I was a 12!! Go try on clothes........just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean you aren't losing fat!!
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Height 5'7"
    age 43
    female
    weight (started) 158
    today 155
    Body Fat % 27.2
    BMR about 1440
    TDEE about 2200

It looks to me like you have your BMR right. What I do is eat just slightly over my BMR (that is NET any exercise calories as well). I've read many times that you shouldn't eat under your BMR or your metabolism could slow down. You could also take your TDEE and subtract 10-20% and make that your daily goal. If you do it that way, you do not eat back exercise calories, because they're figured in.

People have already said it, but I must reiterate... patience. You're almost there. We didn't gain weight in one week or one month, it took quite a while. Your body will get there as long as you stay consistent. Don't starve yourself... you may lose weight faster that way, but it'll come back just as quickly once you eat normally again.

Best wishes!!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Maybe give this a try http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ If you enter your info it will tell you how much to eat to lose a pound a week for your activity level. Seems like it is giving you between 1650 and 2300 depending on your activity. Try it for a month and see what happens.
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Height 5'7"
    age 43
    female
    weight (started) 158
    today 155
    Body Fat % 27.2
    BMR about 1440
    TDEE about 2200

Try not to feel too bad. I am similar to you, only 10 lbs heavier. I exercise over 10 hours a week. Eat good for the most part, but have a few treats. and I have not lost anything in 3 weeks. While it sucks, it makes you re-evaluate what you are doing. I am realizing that I am not drinking enough water and probably not giving my body enough "good" foods so it is storing everything.

Keep working at it. Don't give up. Maybe also try eating your carbs before 3pm and only protein and veggies for dinner. That is what I am doing now to see if it will jump start my weightloss again.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 15% minus my tdee. I started this 2 weeks ago. The first week I lost 5 inches, and this second week I lost 3 pounds. Just something to think about.