not eating so much

Options
is it ok to not eat the right amount of calories after overdoing it. last night i went over, and im seriously just not hungry and feel bloated because of that. so i was thinking that it might be ok to just go under today and get back on track tommorow? what do you guys think? would this be totaly detrimental?

Replies

• abbymehl
    Options
    I have an off topic question for you - how long has it taken you to lose 8 lbs? I can't lose anything!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I would think if you are in the same 24 hour period it may all average out - wouldn't think it should be the norm but there again I keep seeing posts about zigzagging and that's what that would be right!
  • katie980
    katie980 Posts: 24
    Options
    i'm having the same dilemma!!!!! i ate way over my calories last night (about 1000 over) and i'm hardly hungry at all today. Curious if i should just go under today since i'm not hungry anyway...and it'll "even out". Sorry I can't be of much help. But thought i'd at least let you know we're in the same boat. Anyone have some advice for us?
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    You're body can adapt quickly but not that quickly. You aren't going to effect you metabolism in huge ways by not eating your calories today.

It's unintentional zig-zaging, like ChrissyH said.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I think that would be okay. It would be kind of like how some folks are staggering their calories during the week - lower one day more the next.

But that's just me. :) ymmv
  • sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    if you go over 1 day eat only when hungry the next staying withen your count forthe day and more than likely you will be under a little and it should balance out by the 2nd day after.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If I go way over one day, I'll try to cut a couple hundred off of my calories for the next couple of days- or do some extra cardio and not eat those calories.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I have an off topic question for you - how long has it taken you to lose 8 lbs? I can't lose anything!

if you are consistent with mfp i find that the weight will come off as they suggest. the more cardio i do and the healthier i eat the faster it comes off. if i eat like a pig most of the time with a few healthy days it really doesn't seem to matter.

but it took me a few months of trying to get to this point.