convenience eater trying to eat healthier!

Options
For all you healthy eaters out there, how do you keep on track with it? i know its one of those things that once i get the healthy habits down it wil not be a big issue, but im wodering if anyone has tips on making healthy eating and cooking easier and more convenient. I find that its sometimes hard to motivate myself to cook, dishes build up and the thought of cooking a homecooked meal doesnt sound nearly as appealing as calling for a pizza. My Fiance and I are notorious convenience eaters, take out junkies. I want to lose 15-20lb before the wedding and know we need to change our eating habits if that is going to happen.

Im wondering what you guys do for making healthy eating easy? Do you cook multiple meals at once and reheat? Or cut all your veggies and prep stuff ahead of time? Plan out every meal in a week? Right now Im losing steam and I feel like I need to streamline my process... maybe that will help me resist the urge to order take out... any tips would be great!

Also if any one has any tips for satisfying my FI's huge appetite while still keeping his cals low.. would be great as well! I make him a meal of chicken and rice and veggiies and hes hungry and hour later! We were eating sosos bad before.. I think thats part of the problem... he is used to gorging himself on junk and snacks.

anywyas thanks everyone!

Replies

• naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice other than what you've probably heard before. I plan out my meals for the week and I cook a few things on Sunday and eat them during the week.

This week I cooked a frittata (cut into 9 pieces and usually eat two for breakfast). I also baked some healthy banana bread. I made up a salad mix for Monday and Tuesday (not dressed yet). I also have homemade protein bars and cookies in the freezer.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    When I was preparing for my wedding my motivation was "Is that worth not looking good in your pictures for?". Once you get started on that track, it will be harder to go back. Keep your eye on the prize! Now my motivation is to keep going so I don't have to start this journey over!
  • veasse
    veasse Posts: 25
    Options
    thanks for the replies. thats a good idea to make stuff ahead of time.. i might do the salad mix thing and a few other things.. not a bad idea. i just need to be making healthy eating/cooking easy to do so i stick with it until it becomes habit
  • veasse
    veasse Posts: 25
    Options
    also naomi do you have a recipe for your homemade protein bars? would love to be able to make those myself!