April Challenge for the mind and body!

Options
I'm excited about the April Health Challenge some of my friends and I are doing.! It's a little of everything and well some might not think it sounds hard but it will take a conscious effort to keep it up!

1. Get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep at least 2 nights a week.
2. Go for a walk or run OUTSIDE at least 2 times a week. Enjoy the fresh air! No treadmill, no indoor laps, etc.
3. Make 2 colorful well balanced meals every week and post a picture either on this thread!

:happy: Who's in????

Replies

• menard2530
    menard2530 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOHHHH I have my first pic, but it's on my phone so I'll have to get it tomorrow.
  • menard2530
    Options
    and i walked outside for over an hour today :)
  • tljoseph1
    tljoseph1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I walked a mile today and will try to get 2 more in this evening. I had a beautiful dish Friday night and have pics on my phone lol. Today was not as interesting: ham, mash potatoes, and collards. At any rate, didn't take a pick lol. I'll give it some thought. Thanks for coming up with this month's challenge!
  • tljoseph1
    tljoseph1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your ankle is feeling better I hope. Try to wrap it before walking :)
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea. I think I may join! :)
  • pendom
    pendom Posts: 4
    Options
    Well I mowed with push mower for 30 mins. today. I have a food pic to post will do that later this week.
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun!!..i went hiking for 2 hours today at Garden of the Gods!
    Went home and made a chicken soup with chicken, rice, chicken broth, red skin potatoes, abd carrots..not quite colorful, but it was yummy!!
    & I will be going to bed at 12:30 my time and waking up at 9:30 to go to my fitness room and get on the elliptical for 45 minutes:)
  • Kellyffm
    Kellyffm Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!! Can't wait to see the pics! Welcome new friends. :)

Feel free to post pics of your "nature" activities too!
  • sbenoit55
    Options
    I slept 8 hours last night. I walked outside for 45 minutes. I will take pics of meals and post! Thanks everyone for your great inspiration!!
  • menard2530
    Options
    I'll NEVER have a problem with the eight hours EVERY night....I likes me sleepytime (lol). I still don't see where or how to add pics on here though??? Am I deficient or is there no way to do that on the forum??
  • pendom
    pendom Posts: 4
    Options
    Monday 4/9 walked outside 30 minutes. The Sleep thing ain't happening my crazy body won't do more than 7 hrs.