Fast food is NOT my friend anymore.

Options
I've learned today that fast food is definitely NOT my friend... Its fine eating it one day but after eating it for 3 days in a row I feel like crap today AND I have some horrible cramping.

Replies

• BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It's all that sodium they hide in there! Drink more water!

I'm not saying drinking water will make fast food any better for you however :p
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I feel ya... only it's not 3 days in a row that kills me... it's usually just one meal... :sick:

I need to get better at the whole food planning thing so I am not tempted to eat that crap...
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I certainly can't nom my way through fast food like I used to. Learn from your mistakes, that's what I say :happy:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some financial stake in the fast food company, it was never your friend.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Since dieting, I can certainly tell when food is too greasy now. But sometimes time does not allow you to eat what you want to. :ohwell:
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It's all that sodium they hide in there! Drink more water!

I'm not saying drinking water will make fast food any better for you however :p

I've been drinking a TON of water today... I've already had 4.5 bottles of water.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I've been eating healthy for so long that AS SOON as I eat any greasy types of fast food my insides REVOLT. Body is NOT happy.

It kind of sucks but it is THE BEST incentive. :happy:
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    between the excessive sodium, high fat content and preservatives it's kind of amazing they can find room to pack so many calories in fast food too! Once in a while, it's ok. Regularly, it's bad. Daily and it might be deadly!
  • dolly71coxnet
    Options
    I agree, everytime I eat it, I feel tired and sluggish. It is the worse food for us !!!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I've learned today that fast food is definitely NOT my friend... Its fine eating it one day but after eating it for 3 days in a row I feel like crap today AND I have some horrible cramping.

Why did you eat it for three days in a row?
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    I have a wendys burger and fries for the first time in more than a month and my god it was yummy.
  • Nesira
    Nesira Posts: 2
    Options
    Chick fil a is my weakness! If I get burgers I am good with home made but I brake for CFA baby ;) How is their burgers, I've not had one in a while. I like mine cooked to order cuz I like em pink nom nom
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    McDonalds has the ability to, um, make me cramp and get a bit loose.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    I broke up with fast food about a year and half ago and quite frankly were threw.......for good!
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a is my weakness! If I get burgers I am good with home made but I brake for CFA baby ;) How is their burgers, I've not had one in a while. I like mine cooked to order cuz I like em pink nom nom

Chick fil a had burgers? Aren't they chicken only? Their grilled chicken on a whole wheat bun actually isn't bad for you. 290 calories I think. I get that along with a fruit cup and unsweet tea when we go out.
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I always felt a little sick after eating fast food. But an article just circled around here saying that an employee at a nearby McDonald's was diagnosed with hepatitis and everybody who had eaten there (points to self) had been exposed. So after a day at the doctor's getting blood drawn for tests, I think I've decided to give up fast food before it indirectly kills me
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I have......... 2 years since I've touched fast food for the last time.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Remember that feeling and STAY away. Eat unprocessed foods as much as possible. Your body WILL thank you! X
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    It's weird, but I don't even crave fast food anymore. This coming from someone who used to eat McDonald's at least once a day.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have eaten like 3 fast food meals since watching Super Size Me at the cinema, that was released in 2004!

They fill me up really quickly and then half an hour later I'm hungry again!

Boo to fast food! :sick: