Replies

• samsimuk
    samsimuk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not eaten as much as i did ....
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I would have taken more risks and been more self-sufficient.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Nothing. :smile:
  • Sindari
    Sindari Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Student loans! My god I could have a brand new Camaro for what I pay to those damn things every month!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I wouldn't be the woman I am now without every stupid mistake and every toad I dated.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Well there is the weight issue and teeth. Of course I refused braces, I regret that now.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    told her I love her, more often.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    So I guess some of you need a ticket to my time machine? :laugh:
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    If I could go back I think I would not come out to my parents so young. I would have waited until I was out of school and capable of taking care of myself. Almost every horrible thing that's happened to me since I was 15 would have been prevented by changing this one decision.

However, I really wouldn't change it. Despite the horrible events that came after I am the woman I am today because of those events and I happen to really like myself and where I am going. I have no clue how I would be now had everything gone as planned for me, but something tells me I wouldn't like myself. lol
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    You never know how any given different choice would have changed your life. For instance, if I could go back in time, the thing I'd be most likely to change is how I selected friends. I would be less shy and be friends with people who valued my company, rather than with whoever was easiest to become friends with (still haven't quite gotten the hang of that, but I'm working on it...). But the thing is, if I had done that, I might have gotten what I wanted back in high school (not that my high school was bad, but it was a bit dull) or college, but if any of those things had been different, I would not be where I am today, be going where I think I should be going, or have gone and had the single best year of my entire life, a second really cool year, and the plans I have today.

Envisioned life: Stayed friends with my cool high school friends after graduation, perhaps even had a boyfriend, went to college, stayed in the dorms, had friends? maybe went out of state, but maybe not (perhaps kept that boyfriend? Perhaps had another, who knows). Went to medical school, got married, lived in the Colorado Mountains. Yep, high school, everyone obsessed with boyfriends and college, but there's so much more to life...

Real life: Lost all my high school friends after high school, went to college half an hour away from my home (state university but still), stayed at home, didn't really talk to people, made a couple of friends through the duration of college, went to Alaska one summer, studied abroad in Russia, got to the end of college, decided I didn't really want to go to medical school, went to Glasgow for a year, Krakow for a year, come back and am looking for jobs doing all sorts of interesting things.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have learned that if I changed something it would not have me where I am today so I would not change a thing. Nothing in this world is better than my girls. Last night one of them took a nap on my lap. I wouldn't trade that for the Mega Millions jackpot.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I would have never sold that 72 Skylark Convertible.
    I also would not have GIVEN AWAY (thats right, free) my 1970 Nova.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Nothing
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I would definitely change how I took care of myself when I was younger. It is because of my ignorance I am now more than 100 pounds overweight.

Same here! When I as younger I could eat anything & not gain any weight. My Mom tried to get me to eat healthy foods & I didn't listen. Paying for it now!

I'm sorry Mom, you were right! Miss you...