is swimming enough ? How do i reintroduce the gym?

Options
Hi all :-) i have been swimming half hour to an hour 5 days a week i tore all my cartilage and liament in my left leg 2 years ago and then 2 moths ago i dislocated my knee my doctor has said i can go to the gym but I'm not aloud to do the rowing machine which unfortunly that is my favorit equipment lol my doctor hasn't given me advice on how to bring back the gym into my fitness because i am feeling that only swimming isn't helping me lose weight? It was at first but not lost anythi this week even thru been 500 to 800 less calories and walking 3 miles every morning on top of the swimming so any advice would be amazing :-)

Replies

• Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What are you doing when your swimming? I swim 5 to 6 days a week, burn 700 calories (just swimming for a hour), and losing weight.
    If you are swimming for your exercise you have to utilize it as a workout. I believe on the exercise diary it asks if you were swimming slow or fast (a 50 in a minute). Make sure you are swimming hard and fast for the best workout.
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this as well, I need something to add to my cardio other than just running. Do you need to alternate strokes?
  • kirstyjessenuuk
    Options
    i do non stop breast stroke for 30 minutes and i burn 367 calori i put it under the breast stroke i think they base it on a slow swim on the tracker i do stomach crunches in the pool but only 20 all together but in the tracker they have alot of other swimming options but this was closest to what i complete but i am glad to go back to the gym i kind of fine it a stress relief now