I ALREADY MESSED UP APRIL!? (girls post, preferably)

Options
So yesterday was the second day of my time of month, and I basically ate more than twice my calorie goal.
It's not like I ate anything veryyy unhealthy (other than two tablespoons of Nutella, a piece of dark chocolate, and some home-baked 200 calorie muffins), but still. I was 124.8 pounds that morning and when I weighed myself THIS morning, I was... 127.
Do you all think that weight gain is temporary? It's not like I ate 3,500 pounds, I'm positive. I mainly had a lot of starches (whole wheat bread, whole wheat crackers, and whole grain brown rice) and cheese... Ugh.

Today, I messed up again. It was fine, I had some cereal for breakfast, but then... I ate another one of those 200 calorie muffins. Blargh. It's like I just want to eat everything I see. I need help.

Do you think this spontaneous weight gain is temporary? My mistakes shouldn't affect me too much, right?

Replies

• awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'd try to drink more water for the next couple of days. Although sometimes I tend to weigh a little bit more during that time which I think is due to water weight. Don't get too discouraged it could come off by time its over.
  • JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I also had a pretty junky lunch on Saturday... (day before yesterday). But that wasn't so bad.
    I drank a LOT of water yesterday to try to "cleanse" my system xD
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yes I think its temporary. Your weight can fluctuate alot during your period.
    and for a funny Maybe TMI exapmle
    this morning I jumped on the scale and it said 167
    Then I took a poop and jumped back on the scale and it was 164. LOL

Dont beat yourself up over one day or a couple pounds difference in the long run if you keep at it then it wont matter at all.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yes I think its temporary. Your weight can fluctuate alot during your period.
    and for a funny Maybe TMI exapmle
    this morning I jumped on the scale and it said 167
    Then I took a poop and jumped back on the scale and it was 164. LOL

Dont beat yourself up over one day or a couple pounds difference in the long run if you keep at it then it wont matter at all.

I've done that before... LOL But somehow GAINED!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Time of month gain....It's called water weight, take some MIdol. :flowerforyou:
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I had a 5lb gain and didn't "mess up."

The water weight is normal. I track mine in the notes so I can see what a normal flunctuation during this time looks like.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm actually more concerned that you THINK eating two muffins has messed you up for an entire month. It's not that serious. Put the muffins in your food diary and move along.
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. I NEVER weigh during TOM cause I know it's water or whatever and not always accurate. If I'm correct you are weighing more than once a day? Is that nessecary? I am doing a challenge for the month, Not going to weigh in all month! I think this could be good for a lot of people. When you weigh everyday you aren't seeing much difference in weight and can be discouraging, but when you get on and the number is 10 pounds less... now that's exciting!!
    Just something I thought might help. Don't get caught up in thinking you are "gaining" weight by weighing all the time. Our weight fluctuates so much even when not during TOM.
    Keep your head up and just keep at it.
    (By the way, you should see my diary from yesterday, my cheat day. Ice cream coconut cream pie and a fast food bacon cheese burger. Now that is "blowing" your diet lol)
  • ArtsyLaurie
    ArtsyLaurie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are fine! For myself, I've decided to give my self a break from logging on the crappyest days of my TOM. Eat anything I want, no worry or guilt! Compensation for feeling awful, lol! ^_^ I've been doing pretty well since I started on here about a month and a half ago, so treating myself doesn't hurt a thing.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You are fine! For myself, I've decided to give my self a break from logging on the crappyest days of my TOM. Eat anything I want, no worry or guilt! Compensation for feeling awful, lol! ^_^ I've been doing pretty well since I started on here about a month and a half ago, so treating myself doesn't hurt a thing.
    You're correct that treating yourself doesn't hurt a thing. However, why are you afraid to own up to it and log it in? Log everything. The food diary isn't going to get mad at you.
  • CHRISTCENTERED
    CHRISTCENTERED Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is all too personal
  • ArtsyLaurie
    ArtsyLaurie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You're correct that treating yourself doesn't hurt a thing. However, why are you afraid to own up to it and log it in? Log everything. The food diary isn't going to get mad at you.

You're right, it's not going to get mat at me. ^_^
    It's not that I'm afraid to own up to it, It's a break from having to remember to log everything. I might pop in to lurk the forums here on those days, but no need to worry about filling the log all day. When possible I usually try to log everything just after I eat so I don't forget. I have a terrible memory! ^_^
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    This weekend I ate pretty badly also, But beating yourself up about it is the last thing you should do. If you fall off get back up again. When I bake I usually have one of the cookies/cupcakes then give the rest away, or put them somewhere that isnt in my sight. Just use this set back as a push to work even harder this week, and eat perfectly the rest of today.