NSV!!! Step Away from the Scale

Options
Ding724
Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
ATTENTION!!! AMAZING NSV TO SHARE:

In the last 2 months I have stayed the same weight; seriously staying exactly between 154 - 155. (i'm 5'9")

HOWEVER, I took my measurements this morning and even though my weight has stayed the same, since starting lifting in January & 12 days of P90X (so far) thrown in there, I HAVE LOST 7 1/4 inches between my thighs/arms/waist :smile: :happy: :bigsmile:

If that doesn't make you (and me) a believer in stepping away from the scale, I don't know what will!!!

I'm tellin' you pals, take it from an obsessed-with-the-scale-now-in-recovery-girl...it's NOT all about the scale. FOCUS ON YOUR MEASUREMENTS ----> You won't be disappointed.

Replies

• lpblah
    lpblah Posts: 28
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats and great job!
  • Ding724
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats and great job!

Thanks girl!!! :flowerforyou:
  • smb17
    smb17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're an inspiration. Have a brand-y new TurboFire still in the box and will be opening it and starting today!
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    Nice job!

My measurements seem to be changing more then my weight as well.

Keep up the great work.
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    Great job! What is the best way to properly take your own measurements?
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION!!! AMAZING NSV TO SHARE:

In the last 2 months I have stayed the same weight; seriously staying exactly between 154 - 155. (i'm 5'9")

HOWEVER, I took my measurements this morning and even though my weight has stayed the same, since starting lifting in January & 12 days of P90X (so far) thrown in there, I HAVE LOST 7 1/4 inches between my thighs/arms/waist :smile: :happy: :bigsmile:

If that doesn't make you (and me) a believer in stepping away from the scale, I don't know what will!!!

I'm tellin' you pals, take it from an obsessed-with-the-scale-now-in-recovery-girl...it's NOT all about the scale. FOCUS ON YOUR MEASUREMENTS ----> You won't be disappointed.

I'm glad you have reached a level where you can accept that and you are absolutely right body composition and measurements are key, the weight is too easily affected by various factors. It's not how much you weight but it's what your made of that counts :)
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have been dancing with tossing out the scale but it is such a security net. I am trying to distance it little by little. Hoping to start p90x myself in the near future.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Great job! I do like to keep track on scale right now and when I didn't lose or gained a couple of weights, I still didn't get discouraged. I am starting to really notice the difference in my clothes.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!! congrats! Have to keep in mind sometimes that the scale isn't the only tool we can use to find out how we are doing. I tend to pay attention to how my clothes are fitting...or aren't--some are now falling off! Even if the scale says nothing great, my clothes are telling me all is going well.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. Obsessing with the scale (especially daily) can lead to frustration and disappointment. For me, frustration can lead to a "Why the hell am I trying so hard? I might as well eat what I want!" attitude. I try to focus on the process and how I am feeling. Thanks for sharing you insight!
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    great job!!
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am glad you said this! The mirror tells the tale so much better unless someone has an unhealthy view and distorts what they look like.
  • MDfour
    MDfour Posts: 20
    Options
    I think Brad Pilon said this, but "40 is the new 30, and the mirror is the new scale!" That is for sure.
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Great job Mandi!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    Amen to the scale thing. Went to buy some new trousers today and found I've gone from a 20 to 16-18!! On the off chance when I got home, I went into my wardrobe and found that my shorts from last summer are WAY too big. AND I have 3 new pairs of jeans that I bought over 3 years ago that I couldn't get in to...and now I can!! Going on vacation tomorrow, so I have "new" clothes that I haven't been able to wear for a few years..yippee!
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You are soooo right! In the last 4 wks I have only lost 6lbs....but in those 4 weeks, I have been able to fit into a pair of pants that now fit loosely that I couldn't even zip up while laying down. I have gone from wearing an XL shirt to L/M shirt. My shoes are even a bit loose on me.

I do not go by what the scale says because its evident that in some cases...numbers do lie and tell the truth. My clothes being big on me is a great feeling and awesome motivation!!!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I'm also addicted to the scale, but I managed to go a whole week without weighing myself, which was really hard for me. I'm gonna try to do it again :p Congrats on your inches lost!
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm obsessive about weighing myself. I hate it. I now try to watch measurements more (7lbs gone vs 9.75 inches).
  • Ding724
    Options

This is amazing & I love it!!! Thanks for sharing it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!