How often do you update your daily calorie allowance?

Options
Hi all ... just wondering if any of you updated your goals as you lost weight or did you just stay on the same daily allowance the whole way though your weight loss journey? Thanks

Replies

• jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I change it after my weight ins, which is once a month. So much can change from the time you start MFP so I feel it is important to always go by your current weight to get the most accurate goals.

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I entered my weight loss last week and the calorie allowance automatically update so I accepted that as my new target each day. I assume it will change again when I hit another weight loss target.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I've changed it twice, once when mfp prompted me after I lost my first ten pounds, and again when I decided to adjust from .5 to 1 pound per week. I'm losing steadily; if/when that changes I'll reevaluate again.
  • RebeccaEm4
    Options
    I update it weekly, even though it only decreases by a few calories depending on weight loss, I like to know I'm keeping track of them and not going over.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I changed it twice so far. Started off with the MFP recommended calorie goal and upped it twice as I believe it was too low.

Learning more and more along the way :)
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I generally "update" my goals (and hence the daily calorie allowance) when I lose about 3 kg (7 lbs). This is sometimes prompted by hitting a plateau.

Now that I am within about 10 lbs of my goal, it is becoming harder to lose weight - and the above no longer applies to me.
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I havent thought of this but now I am going to go change it! I should probably do it every 10lbs.

Update: Just changed it and it went down 20 calories. OH NOES hehe jk
  • tccmikey
    tccmikey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the idea! I never thought to do that! I gues that if you set your goal to be a hypothetical 120 lbs, it can feel like you are climbing mount everest. A bit discouraging at times. I will consider changing every 10 lbs and see how that works.

Again, thanks!
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. i will definite change it soon. :)