Moms on the Go....

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
Let's post our favorite "quick" dinners....we all have schedule contstraints but this is where I find it hardest - shuffling - my workouts, baseball and football practices, tennis practices, etc etc.

Share your favorite "quick" dinner....

Turkey Meatballs in crock pot with marinara sauce - served on french bread when we were ready to eat with cantaloupe that I cut up earlier

Replies

• chrissyh
    Options
    another we do is hamburgers - 4 oz of 93% fat free hamburger on wheat buns with strawberries and bananas or greek salad.

I have the burgers pattied out and ready for the grill and the salad is ready except adding the feta.
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    Why's it gotta be "Moms"?

I'm butting in either way. Not so much a dinner idea but a way to cook. If you get a chance take a look at the NuWave ovens. I've got one and if I can help it I don't even bother with my other oven anymore. It's cooks food sometimes in half the time of normal oven cooking.

Edit: Just noticed my reply feels like a informercial.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Why's it gotta be "Moms"?

I'm butting in either way. Not so much a dinner idea but a way to cook. If you get a chance take a look at the NuWave ovens. I've got one and if I can help it I don't even bother with my other oven anymore. It's cooks food sometimes in half the time of normal oven cooking.

Edit: Just noticed my reply feels like a informercial.

As long as it's fast and easy I like it!!

And no not just moms - but it since I am one you know me just thinking about myself again! I guess everyone else has tons of time to cook dinner - I am envious!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Mini Pizza's

Whole wheat english muffins
    Pizza sauce
    Light cheese (already shredded)
    Canadian bacon & veggies for me (I let my kids add their favorites, pepporoni & Veggies)

Pop in the oven for a few minutes and serve with a green salad.

**Great idea for a post! :love: I'm so excited to see what other mom's come up with!:happy:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Mini Pizza's

Pizza sauce
    Canadian bacon & veggies for me (I let my kids add their favorites, pepporoni & Veggies)

**Great idea for a post! :love: I'm so excited to see what other mom's come up with!:happy:

Great idea - see so simple but hadn't thought of it....ideas like this help take some of the stress away of all the "rush"...
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    Mini Pizza's

Pizza sauce

My grandfather lives on these things... one trick he taught me was put the super deli thin swiss cheese between the bread and the sauce. He also uses regular tomato sauce. I like the basil and oregano sauce. Oh.. and 2 or 3 slices of garlic under the mozzarella.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Mini Pizza's

Pizza sauce

My grandfather lives on these things... one trick he taught me was put the super deli thin swiss cheese between the bread and the sauce. He also uses regular tomato sauce. I like the basil and oregano sauce. Oh.. and 2 or 3 slices of garlic under the mozzarella.

Love the ideas! I love the pizza's cause even my kids (4 & 3 years old) can help, which eliminates whining while I'm cooking :drinker: I LOVE to eliminate whining
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Mini Pizza's

Pizza sauce

whole wheat pita bread works great too! And sometimes instead of pizza sauce, I just brush on a little olive oil and garlic powder... comes out something like garlic fingers with meat... mmm...
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    You can't beat grilled cheese and tomoto soup. It's my default when 1) we haven't been grocery shopping in a while or 2) I'm too lazy to bother with anything that takes longer.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, but replace the english muffin with a whole wheat tortilla, place it in frying pan sprayed with Olive Oil, put the sauce and cheese, and whatever veggies, then put a lid on the pan and let it cook until the bottom of the tortilla is browned.

Then I fold it over and volia! An Italian taco. :)

My daughter loves them.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    You can't beat grilled cheese and tomoto soup. It's my default when 1) we haven't been grocery shopping in a while or 2) I'm too lazy to bother with anything that takes longer.

you're right there's always soup in the pantry! I never think of these easy things
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just bumpin for the recipes :wink:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Bump!
  • chacha11
    Options
    We do stuffed burgers---mmmmm
    Ground turkey with lipton's soup mix
    Make a pattie and put low fat cheese, onion, mushrooms....whatever you like on your burger
    Then make another pattie and place on top
    They are wonderful and low in fat=)
  • chacha11
    Options
    Homemade ceaser salad----very simple!!

2-2 ½ Romane hearts—buy the hearts at Sam’s they are already cleaned
    1/3 cup low fat olive oil
    ½ teaspoon Fresh cracked pepper
    ½ teaspoon brown mustard
    2 cloves garlic
    1/3 cup low fat parmesan cheese
    ½ cup croutons

You can make the dressing ahead of time that way the flavors can mix together. I have also added grilled chicken to this and it is great!!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    We do stuffed burgers---mmmmm
    Ground turkey with lipton's soup mix
    Make a pattie and put low fat cheese, onion, mushrooms....whatever you like on your burger
    Then make another pattie and place on top
    They are wonderful and low in fat=)

That's a great twist on a regular ole burger!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I make a whole batch of quesidillas and then freeze them
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Half a cup of egg beaters and low fat cheese in a whole wheat tortilla fills me up big time!! :wink: Than again, I've always been a *breakfast for dinner* type of girl... I have french toast a lot for dinner, too! :blushing:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't have any good recipes, but bumping so i can steal all of yours. These are awesome.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    french toast is another quickie--whole wheat bread, pam, eggs milk (get your protein in)

eggs with cheese and lettuce/tom in tortilla

quesadilla w/applesauce and grapes and carrots

grilled steak