weekend eating

Options
Hey everyone. Im looking for some advice. Im usually really great with staying within my calorie goals during the week. Weekends have been my weekness and loss of control. Im home a lot more during the days on the weekend then during the week so I have more access to food.
What do you do to help stay on track on the weekends or days you arent working?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. you could pre-plan and enter your weekend meals into MFP on Friday so that you'll already have a solid plan to follow on Sat and Sun.

Or you can save calories (or earn exercise cals) during the week specifically to splurge on the weekends.

Or you can fill up some of your free time on weekends with working out, which leaves less time for boredom eating, gives you a calorie cushion for splurge meals, and keeps you in a health/fitness mindframe during off days.
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This is an issue for me too. I'm really bad about tracking my calories on the weekends and I usually either eat too much or too little. I'm trying to be better and only just recently have I even been logging into MFP, before I wouldn't even bother to login! Every little bit counts. :)
  • mp15
    mp15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The weekends are brutal for me and I almost never log in to mfp. I'm not sure if I don't want to see what my cheat day looks like calorie wise or what, but I barely log in from Friday night on. I have to get better at it...
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was just saying this to a friend the other day! I really need to start planning weekends better.
    Activity and food wise. It's so easy to blow weekends off!
  • Annafly3
    Annafly3 Posts: 63
    Options
    my problem to
    try to keep busy,
    get outdoors do things around the house?
    plan your supper.. try to plan your meals for the day.
    I find I eat/snack at night alot! as long as I keep busy I won't go looking for food,
    Maybe allow yourself a little extra over the weekend, but plan it?
  • reneeblanch
    Options
    I have been awful on the weekends! I pretty much sabotage myself and undo all the good I've done during the week. I tell myself it's okay to have a cheat day...BUT I end up consuming a dinner that's about 1,900 calories because of the bread and alcohol! AWFUL!
  • Sunblotch
    Sunblotch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Maybe it would help to pre-portion out some healthy snacks. That way it's easy to log and wont ruin the weeks success?
  • KMA220
    KMA220 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Do you have one day in the week that you record your weight?? I weigh in on Sunday mornings.....It keeps me honest on Friday and Saturday! :)
  • lisainwonderland
    Options
    That's a good point. I need to be weighing myself in general to map my progress. Maybe choosing a weekend day will help me stay keep in line.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think nearly everyone struggle more in the weekends. My solution is exercise more and keep on working on mindful moderation.
  • purplehorizon
    purplehorizon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too - mostly on Saturday though but not so much on Sunday. I like the idea of weighing in on one of the weekend days :)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am really depressed this week because I just can not stay on track on the weekends.
    I am usually really good all week long. I am very tired of being so disappointed in myself every Monday for going so far over my calories all weekend.
    The only way it is going to get better is if I stick to my goals. Even if I eat out all weekend I can do it. I have before.
    The only advice I have is just to be strong and stick to it.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think reason why people eat more in weekends is because the working week is over and it is time to relax. Work = occupation which takes our mind off food. Play = no occupation. We need more to occupy ourselves!