Insanity

Options
So I've decided to start insanity today & I just wanted to ask for you guys opinions on it. Was it what you expected , did you lose weight or just tone up or both.. & anything else you would like to add.. Pictures would be great too :) also how long did you use it.. I'm excited to be starting it !! Thanks in advance for the inputs , have a good one !

Replies

• clzimm45
    clzimm45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it today as well! Good luck!
  • emilyahsmommy
    Options
    I'm starting it today as well! Good luck!

Thank you! Good luck to you too!!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    It gave me the cardio power like I've never had before. I hate all cardio but got into Insanity (or maybe just got into Shaun T's beautiful brown eyes). I had tried a spinning class before, it was rough, after Insanity, I thought my hrm was broken as it stayed so relatively low :p

Unfortunatly, my binging was out of control at the time, so I gained weight and inches (still gotta eat well, apperantly :p), but my heart and lungs were definitely stronger than before! Shame once the program ended, I gave up on cardio again!

I've also heard that most of the "results" come from the second half of the workout so don't be discouraged if you don't see much the first month!
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it, I went from about 198 lbs and 15.5% bf to 187 lbs and under 10% body fat after the recovery week. It is, just like it says, Insane. But DO NOT be discouraged if you can't finish the workouts the first few weeks. Trust me, you'll improve each week if you stick with it and eat right.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I love Insanity!!! My strength and endurance has improved. In the beginning I wasnt eating enough so i didnt lose. Im into my second month of the program, eating well so I hope to see some results. Stick to eat, you'll learn to love it. And do what you can do, push yourself but dont kill yourself. GOOD LUCK!!!! Ill be doing it again when Im done, Ill probably do something else for a month then right back to Insanity.
  • kaylawheel
    Options
    I did Insanity when it first came out and I was in the best shape of my life! It is a great program, like nothing I've ever seen or heard of ever before! It is a great way to get the results you want fast... But you have to stick to the entire 60 days or else it wont work properly.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity!!! My strength and endurance has improved. In the beginning I wasnt eating enough so i didnt lose. Im into my second month of the program, eating well so I hope to see some results. Stick to eat, you'll learn to love it. And do what you can do, push yourself but dont kill yourself. GOOD LUCK!!!! Ill be doing it again when Im done, Ill probably do something else for a month then right back to Insanity.

I actually found my strength decreased. They do a million squat like activities so as soon as I hit the gym I'd fatigue on any leg exercises (perhaps I was just extremly weak and lazybefore) and once the program stopped I was much weaker than before :( I was able to continue upper body strength training but didn't increase any more than I would have without it.

However, with both sides of my family being bad heart canidates, I couldn't complain... and should really start it up again due to that.
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    So tommorow is the day.... my husband bought me insanity feb made a year ago...i did it 2 days and stopped it was to hard i was at 190 back then well needless to say im at 204 today bc i was lazy key work WAS...so 5 am comes early but i can do it and so can all you others it sucks and its goin to be hard but what in life is easy honestly......but its gonna be worth it.....
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Insanity IS hard that's why it's insane! When you are done are dripping in sweat you will be glad you didn't quit!
    Join our support group for those starting around April 1st!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4066-insanity-starting-april-1st-2012

If you stick to the program and eat right you will see results! I didn't eat right the 1st time I did it so I can't give you any numbers but ask me again in 60 days!

Mary
  • hjlopez
    hjlopez Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity today as well! I've heard really good things so far! Good luck to everyone starting today. I hope you'll share your progress :)