Did anyone else have a frustrating experience with the new W

Options
I had success with the original WW points system where veggies were zero points and most fruits equalled 1 point. Then WW changed their point values (and the formula by which foods were converted into points). The change was frustrating!! I had to ditch my cookbooks (or reclaculate the point values), ditch the spreadsheet that we developed at work, and I no longer lost weight at the rate that I did under the old system. While the new system has zero point foods, other foods were given much higher point values, and frankly I found that my daily point allocation was leaving me hungry.

After feeling frustrated on WW, I found this site - the mobile app works great on my blackberry (the WW doesn't, and the computers at work don't seem to support WW online tools either), the reports are excellent, and the community is amazing. WW is still billing me a monthly fee for access to a website that I think needs improvement.

Replies

• mmartiandt
    mmartiandt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I compared my WW log one day with a MFP log right after finding it. According to WW, I was like 20 points below my target, but according to MFP I was at almost 3000 calories!!!!! I quit my WW that day and haven't looked back! They old program was good, I have no idea why they screwed with the formula, but it pretty much sucks now, at least in my opinion. Fruits and veggies shouldn't be free, or you can easily overdo it. Bananas, for example, are 121 calories each, and you eat 3 and you are at possibly a third of your calorie allotment. Maybe the first one is free, but the second one counts, I don't know. MFP makes so much more sense to me, even though I lost about 50 pounds when I did WW on their old program. The new one just doesn't cut it anymore.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was frustrated with the new WW system. It did not work for me at all. I canceled my subscription and joined Spark and MFP. Spark was too "flashy" and my computers at work had issues loading the site all the time. MFP is much simpler to navigate. I love it.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I liked the old point system and lost weight on it. The new one just seemed harder and I did not realy seem to loose weight with it.

Now that I am familiar with MFP, I find it easier to follow - calories are listed everywhere and my phone app helps me log everything.