Picture of your tattoo(s)

Options

Replies

• Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    tat.jpg

My only tattoo. I would get more if I could afford it. I want an owl on my forearm. I am bird obsessed. :smile:
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options

GEISHA *why?* because I feel as woman, we have our traditional duties to perform in a relationship!

Just to all of you women who are speaking out about this sentiment, what you don't understand is that she isn't being forced into this role. Her man isn't supressing her, she is taking on a submissive role willingly. There is a huge community, probably one in your own city, based of submission and dominance. It's very healthy as long as both people consent, which clearly she does. And you know what? The submissive partners take pleasure in performing "traditional duties" and get just as much out of it as the one recieving the services.
    I know that as a very indepentent woman, putting myself through university, with my own career, I also enjoy traditional gender rolls at home. It doesn't make me any less strong of an individual, because I make the choice to be that way.

My thought is, as long as everyone consents and it doesn't harm others, why judge? Clearly it works for them, even if it's not something you would want for yourself.

Lovely tattoo's everyone. I can't wait for some more. (:
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options

My thought is, as long as everyone consents and it doesn't harm others, why judge? Clearly it works for them, even if it's not something you would want for yourself.

I have no problem with her living the way she does; however, there are millions of women around the world who are oppressed and DON'T choose it for themselves. It makes me horribly disappointed that in our society, injustice and inequalities so erroneous still exist. By consenting to this role of submission, she tacitly agrees to the notion that women are inferior. And, THAT message affects us all.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Love the ink
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    tattoos are lame

SO lame! P.s. I saw some of your ink... Pretty awesome.:)

I've already posted mine in another thread... but I'll do it again! :) Can't wait to get more work done.

IMG_8936.jpg
    IMG_8938.jpg

this one is going to be a full sleeve but my artist is in another state...So, I get a little done at a time.
    IMG_8943.jpg
    IMG_8947.jpg

Wedding date.:)
    IMG_8942.jpg

I love all of your tattoos - I like how colorful they are!
  • mrshoneybear1014
    Options
    tat.jpg

My only tattoo. I would get more if I could afford it. I want an owl on my forearm. I am bird obsessed. :smile:

I want a dove too and I LOVE owls! I guess I am bird obsessed too haha. Nice ink!
  • mrshoneybear1014
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing!!!!!!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I have no problem with her living the way she does; however, there are millions of women around the world who are oppressed and DON'T choose it for themselves. It makes me horribly disappointed that in our society, injustice and inequalities so erroneous still exist. By consenting to this role of submission, she tacitly agrees to the notion that women are inferior. And, THAT message affects us all.

BS.

Period.

So if a man consents to a role of submission in a relationship (happens all the time...I know of at least FOUR stay at home Dads in my neighborhood), I'm supposed to believe that this somehow affects me and my life choices?

Again...BS.

Feminism had its place...and in its basic form, is NECESSARY, since women ARE on average weaker physically (this is where the entire basis of male dominance evolved from by the way...and if you disagree, I'd have loved to see you try arguing that with a 6'6 295lb viking who has decided that YOU happen to be the most attractive, or simply nearest woman of your village that he just pillaged). Women however, have their own positive traits.

Imagine the kind of world we would have if all of you feminists decided to stop trying to be the best men you could be, and started trying to be the best women.

Oh...and for the record, I believe women are FAR superior to men in every single way that matters to me. I figured this out instinctively way back around puberty. That's why I chose to date them, rather than my own gender. It's not my fault that there's a whole slew of things I can do better, and more easily. So how about you stop holding it against us, and go perfect the things YOU can do better and more easily. Trust me...there's probably hundreds of them.

BTW...Zinok?

Well said =D.

Bleh!...back to topic.
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options

BS.

Period.

So if a man consents to a role of submission in a relationship (happens all the time...I know of at least FOUR stay at home Dads in my neighborhood), I'm supposed to believe that this somehow affects me and my life choices?

Again...BS.

Feminism had its place...and in its basic form, is NECESSARY, since women ARE on average weaker physically (this is where the entire basis of male dominance evolved from by the way...and if you disagree, I'd have loved to see you try arguing that with a 6'6 295lb viking who has decided that YOU happen to be the most attractive, or simply nearest woman of your village that he just pillaged). Women however, have their own positive traits.

Imagine the kind of world we would have if all of you feminists decided to stop trying to be the best men you could be, and started trying to be the best women.

Oh...and for the record, I believe women are FAR superior to men in every single way that matters to me. I figured this out instinctively way back around puberty. That's why I chose to date them, rather than my own gender. It's not my fault that there's a whole slew of things I can do better, and more easily. So how about you stop holding it against us, and go perfect the things YOU can do better and more easily. Trust me...there's probably hundreds of them.

BTW...Zinok?

Well said =D.

Bleh!...back to topic.
    ^^^^^^^^^this!! Beautifully said! Here! Here!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    tat1-vi.jpg first one on my right foot...hurt like a motha!!
    tat2-vi.jpg second one on my ribs. lyrics to "everlong" by the foo fighters.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I got this in memory of my son. Plum blossoms represent strength through adversity, and cherry blossoms represent brevity of life. This is a combination of the two and fitting I think. I'm about 6 1/2 hours in and still have a lot of fill to do! It's in the flaking stage right now from the recent color fill so not the best photo.

704a1913.jpg
    16871969-1.jpg
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Well this should throw some of you in a conniption...

I LOVE tattoos and had several in the works (plus I have two) when I met my husband. He hates them and has respectfully asked that I get no more. And I agreed. Why? Because I love my husband more than ink and I have no problem being a submissive wife.
  • Lainn
    Options

GEISHA *why?* because I feel as woman, we have our traditional duties to perform in a relationship!

:noway: I have nothing against your tattoo, but wow, that way of thinking just set back women's liberation by 20 years.
    I disagree. No shame in taking care of your man. Warm meals. A clean home. Open loving arms always. I think its a beautiful thing. Feminism is killing our true power....our femininity! Chivalry is dead and women killed it.
    Well said
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I LOVE tattoos and had several in the works (plus I have two) when I met my husband. He hates them and has respectfully asked that I get no more. And I agreed. Why? Because I love my husband more than ink and I have no problem being a submissive wife.

AND, if he's any sort of decent man, he'd be willing to do the same for you, without thought...thus negating the 'submissive' part of it, and putting it all where it should be...which is right back at you being a woman (because you are!), and him being a man (because he is!)...and you both loving each other for it lol.

Sometimes I wonder what planet feminists, and people who insist on forcing feeding others that 1lb of fat = 1lb of muscle were raised on!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    P7140303-2.jpg
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

AND, if he's any sort of decent man, he'd be willing to do the same for you, without thought...thus negating the 'submissive' part of it, and putting it all where it should be...which is right back at you being a woman (because you are!), and him being a man (because he is!)...and you both loving each other for it lol.

Sometimes I wonder what planet feminists, and people who insist on forcing feeding others that 1lb of fat = 1lb of muscle were raised on!

Agreed. On the same note, because you love them, if you decided you really wanted more, he should equally respect that despite his personal feelings about tattoos. I think that makes the difference in being a joint relationship vs submissive. Submissive implies that you don't get more because he told you you can't, not because of a mutual respect relationship. I understand what people are saying, but submissive is the wrong word. PS, I'm both the breadwinner and primary caretaker for our household.
  • Lainn
    Options

Yes he would do the same for me. One thing we know is that we where created equal, yet different. We have different roles, strengths, and weaknesses. He is the head of my house hold because that is the role that was given to him. I am his helper because that is my role. We are a partnership and I have NEVER felt like a doormat or suppressed. He has never treated me like I am beneath him or inferior. And I refuse to ever put him down in front of our children, friends, family, or strangers. I hate how our society has made it out to be ok to put men down, especially the husbands.

Loving all the pics. There are some gorgeous tattoos on here.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    28ib21s.jpg

1st - stars on wrist; febuary 2011

2nd - butterfly top of back; april 2011

3rd - pattern side of hand; july 2011

4th - little brothers name on foot; febuary 2012

5th - shooting stars behind the ear; 27th march 2012 ( last tuesday!!) - still in healing process and its soooo itchy!!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    2cdalmr.jpg

Love this!!! :)
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have this. Im at work so I can't take off my shirt to take a pic right now. LOL! I'll post with canvas soon as I get home!

Geisha_by_arabel.jpg

Don't let anyone tell you any different. I agree with you. I work two jobs back to back and contribute to the household income, but I believe that we all have our traditional duties to perform. If I had a choice, I would be a stay at home mom.