Success so far

Options
floreo22
floreo22 Posts: 49 Member
I have been really struggling to stay on track for about 3 weeks now. I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either and I'm eating all the rubbish that got me big in the first place. So I thought I would try and get myself back into action by putting my success so far out there.

I am 5' 3.5". My start weight was 196lbs and my current weight is 160lbs, so I've lost 36lbs to date. I started with MFP back in November and completely overhauled my diet and fitness and quit smoking cold turkey in one. The biggest change came when I started couch to 5k in January and finally started seeing a difference in my fitness levels. Last weekend I ran my first ever 5k for sport relief in my best time yet of 36 mins.

But, like I said, I seem to be falling off of the wagon, and I'm desperate to get back to it. So, here goes with the pictures in the hopes that putting this out there motivates me to carry on and achieve my goals. If you have any pearls of wisdom for the mid-way hurdle that I seem to be struggling with, please share!

These pictures are from my heaviest (the silly hat and cape are because the pics are at my graduation last summer) and from last week at my first 5k. Please be kind, I'm very nervous about posting these.

frontcomparison.jpg

facecomparison.jpg

backcomparison.jpg

Replies

• NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    Great work so far! Keep pushing forward and you'll get there, but I think you look wonderful now.
  • floreo22
    Options
    also, apologies for the very bad quality of the pics
  • cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

We can't see the pics - I think you need to change the IMG to img and then they should work.

Regardless, I know how you feel. It's so easy to fall into a bit of a slump and not be able to crawl out of it. The 5k was a really big achievement. Is there perhaps a 10k coming up that you could sign up for? I know that for me, if I'm not exercising I'm not 'in the zone' so to speak. It might act as a motivator and even if you're wobbling a little with your food, continuing with the running will at least burn some calories and tone a few muscles.

Hopefully then you'll gradually start to make better food choices also.

Good luck with it x
  • cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Can see pics now - you look great! Don't give up!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Great job! :))
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Don't give up - keep going!! The last pix of from the back looks incredible - you are literally half the size you were before. Think of how long it took you to be able to wear that cap and gown - remember that it will take a while to earn those smaller sized clothes and healthier body, too. DON'T GIVE UP!!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You look great and you're cute as can be! Your smile is wonderful. Congrats!
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    You look great! A slump is normal, just keep going and you'll start losing again. :)
  • shirlandmews
    Options
    I can totally see a big difference ! Girl I'm so proud of you !!! I like having you as a friend here and see you progressing so well You are fabulous girl !
    People, this is one of my favourite friend on MFP, friend her if you haven't done it yet !
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • cuelgirl
    cuelgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you look great! great job!
  • floreo22
    Options
    thanks so much everyone! and shirl, you are a legend, haha :)

thought i would report back and let you all know that today i am under calories with 35 mins of walking and 30 mins of swimming under my belt, and feeling much much better for it. one day at a time, right?
  • fzafar_64
    fzafar_64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel, after a while you just feel you want it all just to be over with. But don't worry, as everyone around you must say, you've done so well now, and might i add that it took a lot longer for the weight to gain than the time we want it to come off in. As you said one day at a time ;) Feel free to add me, we can get through this together! plus would love some advice on how to start bloody running, hate it with a passion!
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    girl Keep pushing , you have come so far ! 36 down ! I wish I was 160..I'm 185 ..My highest weight was 229.
    I think once we have lost some we start getting comfortable and get stuck ..the mind plays tricks on you that maybe you won't be able to lose more ..and you have lost enough blah blah blah...
    but noooo set new goals for youself..set daily goals and weekly goals ...do them until you reach you desired weight ..you can do it !!!

I stopped working out for 5 months didn't gain any but I had to keep losing weight ..So I'm back for two weeks now working out and eating better..come on...why be good ..when you can be great !!!!!
  • ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Plateaus suck, but look at the difference in your photos. That is quite an accomplishment.
    You're near the half way mark... keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!