For all my competitive peeps. Compete with yourself!

Options
Had a really lousy Weightloss week, don't believe in the blame game, blaming ONLY myself and my poor choices. So anyway, looking for something new to motivate me as I put la muchacha ávida (the greedy girl), back in her cage this morning!!
Learning all sorts of interesting things about myself on the Weighhtloss journey. One of the many things I learned, is that I am VERY competitive. Present s/t to me as a dare or challenge and I'm in. So...to take this to another level, I am going to dare myself on a weekly basis. I can only do short-term (my Adult ADD, lol) so this week's dare/challenge/goal, whatever you want to call it, is to find a substitute for every potentially unhealthy snack, that I'm tempted to eat. Feel free to join in, and set your own short-term goals/dares/challenges...whatever. lol

Replies

• leaso75581
    leaso75581 Posts: 103
    Options
    *weightloss can't seem to spell lol
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been lousy since I got my tattoo on the 9th of March. I have done just about nothing but try to eat properly which somedays did not happen at all. This week I have challanged myself to do 3 days of Zumba for 1 hr and Ripped in 30 Monday thru Friday. So far so good but it's only Monday so guess I'll have to see come Wed how I'm doing. :)
  • perpetualsharon
    perpetualsharon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time sticking to long term goals. The big picture just seems too big. I do really good with my nutrition(making healthy choices) most days, portion control, not so much. Working out, terrible. Funny how putting it out there in black & white really shines the light to the crux of the problem.

My light bulb just turned on... It's kind of like when I quit smoking. Thinking about being a non-smoker for the long term really upset me, so I took a page from the AA book and said I only had to be a non-smoker for just today. I just say that to myself every day. So I am only going to workout for today. I did 50 minutes. Yay, me. Now I just need to keep on the good food and CORRECT portion sizes.
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do set mini-goals cuz it's the only way this whole thing seems manageable. I also do something like what you're describing, kind of playing games with myself to see if I can do something more efficiently or faster or by reaching to set a 'personal best' record. It helps me keep my focus. In a way, doing the physical work of losing weight is a lot easier than the head work. So I think it's great to get creative like you're doing to trick yourself into staying on the right track. Way to go!
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I can relate to a lot of the comments I read on here. I'm setting two short-term goals for this week (and when I say "short-term," I mean I need to re-challenge myself daily to succeed for seven straight days):

1. I'm going to stay under my MFP calorie goal every day for the rest of the week.
    2. I'm going to work toward meeting the challenge goals I've set on here (which are staying under my calorie goal, and walking three miles/biking one mile/running 1/2 mile).
  • leaso75581
    Options
    I do set mini-goals cuz it's the only way this whole thing seems manageable. I also do something like what you're describing, kind of playing games with myself to see if I can do something more efficiently or faster or by reaching to set a 'personal best' record. It helps me keep my focus. In a way, doing the physical work of losing weight is a lot easier than the head work. So I think it's great to get creative like you're doing to trick yourself into staying on the right track. Way to go!
  • leaso75581
    Options
    never heard it put that way, and you are exactly right!! the physical part is SOOO much easier than the head part!! I gotta remeber that!!
  • leaso75581
    Options
    I've been lousy since I got my tattoo on the 9th of March. I have done just about nothing but try to eat properly which somedays did not happen at all. This week I have challanged myself to do 3 days of Zumba for 1 hr and Ripped in 30 Monday thru Friday. So far so good but it's only Monday so guess I'll have to see come Wed how I'm doing. :)

So, how is it going so far?
  • again1
    again1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MFP, I also am a member of Spark People. My goal this week is to exercise 30minutes or more a day. Here is how my week is going:

4/1-90 minutes
    4/2-90 minues
    4/3-85 minutes
    4/4-85 minutes

:smile: