Ideas For Jazzing Up Oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    shaved almonds, cinnamon & 0cal sweetener!! - equal is my fave bc of taste, but I know stevia.truvia.or spelnda also work --i chill it and eat it a dessert <3 ...even mix a mashed banana in!

honey is a great natural sweetener

Sugar free jam

lovvvee adding fresh fruit --shaved strawberries- w/ dark chocolate cocoa covered almonds

you can even also mix protein powder in --soo many differnt flavors!

....can you tell I love my oatmeal! lol
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    coconut, alomonds, raisins, and a little brown sugar.
    just brown sugar.
    my sister likes to add dried cherries.
    I've heard of people adding cranberry juice.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Fruit, Peanut butter, nuts, Soy milk :D
  • Agito
    Agito Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon, ginger, stevia, and ground flax seeds. I can't eat oatmeal without flax, the texture and taste just seem wrong.
  • 4FitChris
    4FitChris Posts: 10
    Options
    Big fan of all natural honey. Not really a whole lot healthier than sugar. But I've always thought that naturally occurring honey is better for you. It's also shown success helping with allergies because it's basically made from the source. 'Works for me.
  • j3m123
    j3m123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Agave nectar
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Before cooking I usually add raisins or cranberries. I always weigh the amount (no overdoing it!) so it adds 20 calories. When the oatmeal is done I stir in a teaspoon of vanilla and some cinnamon or nutmeg or cardamon (whichever tickles my fancy in the moment) and I always have 1 tblspoon of dark brown sugar (it's very flavorful) and half a cup of milk. It is a good breakfast - good for you and good tasting) and adds up to 300 calories or so. If I am having a big workout day I will throw in a tbspoon of sliced almonds. Adds to the calories but very healthy and delicious!
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    PB2 and a banana or finely chopped apple!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Frozen berries, and a little pure maple syrup, or raisins and cinnamon, or even some peanut butter and banana!
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Black Raspberry preserves (or any kind of preserves)
    Frozen fruits (thawed) and toss in a 1/2 cup
    Sugar-free syrup
    Peanut Butter

Cinnamon is a must!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Carrot Cake Oatmeal

To your plain oats add (to taste) shredded carrot, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, brown sugar (if needed), you can add milk or butter.
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    I add coconut, pineapple, and a little bit of vanilla... sometimes some truvia if I want it a little sweeter. DELISH!
  • HauteT
    HauteT Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My fave breakfast is 1/2 cup Oats cooked in water. Then I add 1T each of walnuts, ghirardeli semi sweet chocolate chips, and clover honey. It is about 370 calories and it is delicious. Of course now I can't eat oatmeal w/o chocolate because it just doesn't taste as good!
  • roycelynberry
    roycelynberry Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I eat the instant strawberries and cream oatmeal 130 calories and it is so good
  • Khakkigirl
    Options
    I usually use stevia for sweetness, then I slice a medium banana over the oatmeal, and finally I top it off with some vanilla soy milk. The banana and vanilla go really well together, it's super tasty and satisfying!
  • nono1951
    nono1951 Posts: 2
    Options
    Before I start making my oatmeal, I chop up an apple into small chunks, throw it in a cake pan, douse liberally with cinnamon, and toss it in the oven. About the time my oatmeal is done, the apples are ready to be mixed in.
    Great Idea!Sounds delicious!
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    My breakfast 5 mornings a week is 1/2 cup (before cooking) of oatmeal, 2 teaspoons of dark brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon with a cup of coffee and 8oz of orange juice. The brown sugar is only 15cal per teaspoon so I allow that since I have very little sugar throughout the day.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Cut up bananas
    Raisins and syrup
    Vanilla and cinnamon
    Yum :D

Plus protein powder hehehe
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter !!!
  • julie10101
    Options
    I sweeten my oatmeal with dates, bananas, cinnamon and apples. :)