Help! (Trying the "Eat MORE")

Options
Okay-- I am going to try eating more. I calculated my numbers and I am going to raise my intake by about 300 calories.

What should I eat? I already feel pretty content every day without those calories--- so what are some healthy ways to bulk up the calories? I figured I could easily have an extra portion of protein at dinner-- that would be easy. Any other suggestions?

Also, with this new number--- do still eat exercise calories?

Replies

• Tvandevoir27
    Options
    Almonds, avacado, peanut butter, and hummus are all healthy ways I get in some extra calories when I need to.
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem--I happened to have some whey protein, so I've just been adding it to things. Not sure how I feel about whey. It seems like something I shouldn't be using, but eh.
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    Healthy things! I know that's probably more vague than you wanted, but make sure that you're eating 300 extra calories of good food - when I increased mine, my first instinct was that I could have that piece of cake! It's taken me a couple of weeks to train myself to eat more good food than just focusing on calories (a little cake here and there never hurt anyone, though!)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    how did you figure out your new calories? if it was through TDEE and you put in your exercise calories, then no, do not eat them back
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Also, know your BMR, never eat below that
  • BreatheSelina_
    Options
    bump bump bump
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Almonds, avacado, peanut butter, and hummus are all healthy ways I get in some extra calories when I need to.

This. Think calorie dense foods. Or maybe just up your portions in some things.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Cook with a little bit more oil, add an extra 50 grams to your portions of meat. peanut butter and nut butters are also awesome. As are nut mixes. Avocados! You can grill them or pan fry if you get bored of them. A little dark chocolate :P Full fat cheese and full fat yogurts. Dressings on your salads.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You're diary isn't public so I can't see it to suggest anything. Open up your diary and let us look!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Would love to help, but with a private diary, and limited information, I cannot assist. When asking for help, the more information available, the better chance of getting the right/best answer.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    add hemp seeds and chia seeds to protein shakes
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Saving for later! :flowerforyou:
  • reske
    reske Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fruits & veggies best if fresh, some frozen ok, minus sugar