Higher Calorie Intake? Help!

Options
I see all these posts about not having a calorie goal under my BMR level, even though i'm fine with 1200. But I haven't lost weight in about 10 days and am getting frustrated. I also opened up my diary so you could see....

any help? suggestions?

Replies

• Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    going through the same! upped 2 weeks ago after a stall of almost 2 months, saw a 2 pound loss the first week i upped and now nothing bumped up again and now waiting patiently for it to take effect! be patient...i have read that everywhere with upping..it takes time but better over health and keeping it off will happen........i hope:0)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You are too young for this website BTW but for my 2 cents...eat 2k a day and workout 3 times a week for no more than an hour each time.
    The rest of the time should be spent with friends and family.
    Dont get wrapped up on this till you hit 30.
    So to sum up....
    Eat 2k a day.
    Workout 3 times a week for no more than an hour.
    Get a high school social life.

If you have weight issues when you hit 30 come see us.
    Go be a kid!
    =D
  • Airbear3
    Options
    sorry dan...i disagree! her ticker says she has 50 lbs to lose...better to take it off while she has youth on her side and make a healthy future without weight problems! but good advise otherwise:flowerforyou:
  • lexytay
    lexytay Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals, but you are much younger than I am. :) The only thing I would suggest is to limit the processed food. I see a lot of pizza, cakes, low fat stuff...full of sodium. Go for more veggies and lean protein. Healthy habits at your age will help you stay healthy for a lifetime!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    sorry dan...i disagree! her ticker says she has 50 lbs to lose...better to take it off while she has youth on her side and make a healthy future without weight problems! but good advise otherwise:flowerforyou:

It will come off fast if she eats 2k a day.
    Works out 3 times a week for no more than an hour.
    And has a high school social life.

2k a day with 3 workouts equates to about 2-5% per month fat loss with about 1lb a week on the scale.
    She has her age to help but thats only if she sleeps 6-9 hours a night.
    Anything other than that and she could still have weight issues.
    This is a slow process but if she eats 2k a day and works out 3 times a week for no more than an hour...she will get there in no time.
  • emilymeanssuccess
    Options
    Thank you! Sorry Dan, but I was on the edge of *obesity* when I first started. I would rather start now, then after high school when it's too late. I'm done with people picking on me, I'm going to lose that 50 pounds one way or another. :)
  • emilymeanssuccess
    Options
    Thank you! I was thinking I do need to change my diet more :flowerforyou:
  • Airbear3
    Options

2k a day with 3 workouts equates to about 2-5% per month fat loss with about 1lb a week on the scale.
    This is a slow process but if she eats 2k a day and works out 3 times a week for no more than an hour...she will get there in no time.
    i agree with your advise.....just not the age thing!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

i agree with your advise.....just not the age thing!

This website is protected with a very strict rule of minors.
    The lawsuits would pile up quickly if any of us gave her BAD advice and she hurt herself because she doesnt know better.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Muscle burns more calories. Lift weights, strength train, etc. to get past plateaus.