Ground Turkey Recipes?!

Options
mes1119
mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
So my mom went to costco and bought me 4 packs of 1.5lbs. of ground turkey. So currently, they are sitting in my freezer and I would LOVE some recipes for them. I only cook for 2. So far, the only thing I know how to cook with ground turkey is turkey burgers and ground turkey chili. Crock pot recipes would be a bonus!

I need some variety! Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Replies

• LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    bump
    Got some in my freezer and I'm stumped too.
  • mrskellyray
    mrskellyray Posts: 114
    Options
    any recipes that use ground beef, just substitute with the turkey burger. :)
  • jdp022
    jdp022 Posts: 11
    Options
    Spaghetti!
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Anything that uses ground beef. Tacos, meatloaf, and spaghetti are my favorites.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    you can use ground turkey any way you would use ground beef... so tacos? meatballs? burgers? etc? It's very good with mango
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Turkey enchiladas/tacos
    Turkey Meatloaf (my family loves this!)
    Turkey Spaghetti
    Turkey Meatballs (I will be trying this soon!)
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Exactly! :) You can use ground turkey in taco meat, or spaghetti sauce, put it in the crockpot, and freeze leftovers. You can also make crockpot lasagna with ground turkey http://click.findsearchengineresults.com/ads-clicktrack/click/jump2.do?affiliate=46938&subid=97510&terms=crockpot lasagna with ground turkey

All in all, if you can use any other ground meat in the recipe, you can use ground turkey.... :)
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Yeppers! That's what I do, esp. since I don't eat red meat.

They have recipes for meatloaf, in the crockpot...
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/melt-in-your-mouth-meat-loaf (is one example)
  • captnemo44
    captnemo44 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I brown my turkey burger with Mrs Dash Seasoning's and some garlic & other seasoning's if you choose.I measure out my 4oz, and add a serving of brown rice with salsa it is really good. On other days i will use some kind of beans to mix in. If i have left over meat mixture i make a taco salad another day.
  • Megclark37
    Megclark37 Posts: 111
    Options
    I found a few on skinnytaste.com <-- check that out
    I tried one of the meatball recipes- turned out wonderful and the hubby loved it too!
  • run344
    run344 Posts: 28
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf muffins!!! These ones are so good & easy to make (I'm pretty challenged in the kitchen and they were delicious for me-and I substituted some of the spices/ingredients)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    The best meatballs EVER.

1 lbs ground turkey
    1 cup italian style bread crumbs (I prefer Roundys)
    1 egg

blend by hand (the only way to make a good meatball) Roll into 16 balls and bake uncovered at 375 about 25-30 minutes (longer if needed). Also works great as meatloaf. You can have your meatballs with spagetti, bbq, plain, or other sauce.

Good sauce for meatballs or cocktail winnies- one jar sugar free grape jelly and jar chili sauce, warm and pour over meatballs.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    anything you use ground beef, do the same. Spaghetti, meat balls, lasagna... anything!!
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    HECK YES.... you can make TURKEY meat loaf, and impress the WORLD.
    When people come over for dinner, they ask for this recipe all the time and the oatmeal is the secret.

1-1.5 lbs ground turkey
    2 egg whites
    .5 cup chopped onion
    .5 cup chopped green pepper
    .6 (2/3) cup plain oatmeal
    salt to taste
    pepper to taste
    tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
    a bottle of ketchup (not gonna use the whole bottle)

preheat oven to 350
    mix ALL that good stuff together
    It'll be squishy. form a loaf out of it.
    place that bad boy in a lil baking pan.
    squeeze ketchup in a zigzag over meat wad.
    cover with foil.
    put it in the oven... check on it.. takes about 45-60 mins (you can do this in the crock pot too.. it will take longer)
    let it sit about 5-10 minutes, then serve.

*When it's done, drain drippings into a pan and add some ketchup, water, and Worcestershire sauce to drippings. Add a little pepper and all purpose flour. whisk and make a gravy. Pour it over loaf.

* = Advanced
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    oh and cooking for two. I do it for my fiance and me. I use a pound of it and freeze the rest if I'm making stuff. I use a lb each time then I'll have a couple more lbs left over after I use a few packs, I love it. I just season it. I do 4-5oz burgers too and just measure it out. so I make one 5oz burger, and 2-4oz burgers, then store the other 7 oz. I add bbq sauce and seasonings and put a slice of cheese on top. I don't eat it on a bun just mix MW and mustard together to dip it in lol
  • gambygirl63
    Options
    :wink: the best !!! love spagehtti also baked ziti and lasagne
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Anything you use ground beef in you can use the turkey in. If you mix a few seasonings in you can make turkey sausage and use that in egg muffins for breakfast.

This site has great ground turkey recipes. One of my favs -- http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/10/crockpot-recipe-for-sweet-and-spicy.html
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Throw in a package of Lipton onion soup mix with a pound of turkey burger with an egg white or two to hold the patties together. And grill yourself some tasty hamburgers up. Supper yummy cause turkey burgers can be a bit bland.