Not hungry.

Options
I know it may seem good but I honestly cannot bring myself to eat dinner. I am nowhere near hungry! It's weird because I used to be hungry all the time. I am also very tired. How can I get myself to eat my dinner? And even after my dinner I'm a few hundred under my goal.

Replies

• shelly131975
    Options
    You are probably tired because if you are constantly under your calorie goal then your body is going to go into starvation mode and by the sound of it it sounds as if you are already there. There are lots of ways to get the calories you need. I do mini meals instead of regular meals with the exception of dinner. Try eating 150-200 calories every 2 hrs. During the day I eat lots of veggies, they are basically free but I always eat full fat dip for them just measure it out. I am not trying to tell you what to do it just works for me. If you are working out then you need protein, etc. The idea is to build lean muscle and if you are not eating enough to fuel your body it will store fat. I hope this helps
  • BBBBennyandtheJets
    Options
    Thank you! I was thinking about that actually, I should probably eat more calorie dense foods.
  • shelly131975
    Options
    This is a sample of what I eat and I am 5ft 6 and 157lbs and losing about a pound a week with out trying. This is what I eat on days I work out before work.

Whey protein shake with skim milk ( try throwing a T spoon of peanut butter in it for extra protein and calories
    4 stalks of celery, 8 to 10 radishes 6 pero mini sweet peppers with 4 Tablespoons of marzetti dip(that is where I get my calories for that one

orville redenbacker kettle popcorn (yes the whole bag

2 cups of pineapple
    banana
    a couple pieces of dark chocolate
    now i have managed to get in a variety of fruits and veggies
    I log everything and know if I need to force myself to eat a little more. This does not have my dinner included just a sample of what I eat before dinner.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I f you are tired you are not eating enough protein. You probably need some beef to get some iron.
  • ahubbard134
    ahubbard134 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Eh, maybe it's just you don't feel like eating, I mean, the last few days your calories have been low, but the week before they were high enough. Maybe look at your nutrition bar graph to see if there's a pattern there? But yeah, you should probably force yourself to eat more if it lasts too long.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I struggle every day to eat my calories. Drives me crazy