Protein Shots

Options
I am trying to find something I can take everyday for my protein. I am afraid of getting the whey only because the containers are so huge and if I end up not liking it, its such a waste.

I bought a pack of Protein Shots today, fruit punch. Its not good but I can take it fast, it's low in calories, and its easy which I like but I know NOTHING about them. Are they as good as whey? Are they dangerous in any way? Anyone have any experience in them? I just had my first one so I am just wondering.

Replies

• mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I've never had one of the shots but I am pretty happy with my whey isolate. I like to make shakes by just adding some water and frozen fruit. They are pretty delicious to me! :)
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I keep a few on hand for those days when I'm just short of my protein goals for the day and can't possibly eat any more. I usually do about half the container (2 ounces/22g of protein), and refrigerate the rest. They remind me a little of Jell-O shots :)
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've never tried protein shots either. I have Whey Protein at the moment. It's chocolate flavored and it tastes great. I either have a quick protein drink which I used Almond Milk or Skimmed Milk. I can add to Greek yoghurt for a tasty, chocolatey yoghurt with tons of protein.

You just have to find the right one. I was lucky to get this one as my first one without it tasting bad or anything. Depending on where you are from, you might be able to get small samples of whey protein.

Once I have finished this tub I was planning on trying a protein powder from MyProtein, there is one on there, I think it's called Total Protein, I'm getting chocolate again, but it's got a bit more protein and less carbs. There is also more in the product than the one I currently have and it's a lot cheaper.

If you go to some of the health stores which sell whey protein powders, see if you can find smaller tubs or samples to try out and find one that you really enjoy, that way you won't have a room full of protein tubs laying about lol.
  • Indy_Cent
    Indy_Cent Posts: 45
    Options
    I like providing protein shots daily, however, injection is the best way for protein delivery, in my opinion.

A good practitioner would be able to provide you with a shot and an injection within a few minutes of each-other.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I always have the protein shots in my fridge. I wish i could buy them in jugs lol. It is whey protein, at least the kind I get. It is just a more concentrated serving. My only problem with them is the price.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    No experience with the beverages, but I was apprehensive about the whey protein shakes at first too. My first container was a store-brand from Kroger. $10 and there was around 15 servings in the container. I figured I could afford $10 so I gave it a shot. I also eat a lot of protein bars. Nature Valley recently introduced one to the market that isn't any more expensive than their normal granola. However, personally, I like Perfect Zone. They are more expensive, but taste sooooo good! ::mmm Perfect Zone::
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    ok, so I guess it's just me...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I was waiting for it... LOL! :laugh:
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options

huh?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

huh?

Forgive him, he is just a dirty-minded old man! LOL!
  • xxCelestexx
    Options
    yeah some of the responses on here are questionable in regard to appropriateness. Minds in the gutter lol
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I am trying to find something I can take everyday for my protein. I am afraid of getting the whey only because the containers are so huge and if I end up not liking it, its such a waste.

I bought a pack of Protein Shots today, fruit punch. Its not good but I can take it fast, it's low in calories, and its easy which I like but I know NOTHING about them. Are they as good as whey? Are they dangerous in any way? Anyone have any experience in them? I just had my first one so I am just wondering.

I really love Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein and it is only 15 dollars for a container of it. It lasts a while and the chocolate is super when made with almond milk (or some other creamy beverage). This makes those shots hardly worth it.

I am not sure about the dangers of those other products, I feel. I jsut like chocolate milk like stuff!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options

I do enjoy a protein shot from time to time, but protein bars taste better. Zone perfect tastes the best, but I think Pure Protein has the best balance of nutrition and taste.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I like providing protein shots daily, however, injection is the best way for protein delivery, in my opinion.

A good practitioner would be able to provide you with a shot and an injection within a few minutes of each-other.

Only a few minutes wait? Is it the same practitioner, or does he have an assistant there to help?
  • Indy_Cent
    Indy_Cent Posts: 45
    Options

Only a few minutes wait? Is it the same practitioner, or does he have an assistant there to help?

Same practitioner. Wait 10 minutes for the syringe to replenish and *boom* injected!
  • xxCelestexx
    Options

Same practitioner. Wait 10 minutes for the syringe to replenish and *boom* injected!

i did not mean for this to happen in this thread I swear
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Most protein shots are collagen based protein, which is not really as bio-available as other sources so you are not getting the full benefit that they claim, I avoid them.
  • SBthud326
    SBthud326 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use protein shots because I can't stand the texture of shakes, protein bars, greek yogurt, etc. The ones I use are whey protein, and they are a little expensive but they are about the only thing that works for me.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    If you buy a jug at GNC you can return it if you dont like.
    Also, there are lots of places to buy samples.
  • I PERSONALY LIKE JILLIAN MICHAELS BRAND OF PROTEIN POWDER THEY SELL IT AT WALMART IT'S ONLY 100 CALORIES YOU CAN BLEND IT W WATER ADD A SCOOP OF PENAUT BUTTER AND A BANANA IF U WANT IT FOR A MEAL REPLACEMENT OR JUST PLAIN WITH WATER AND ICE AND BLEND IT'S PRETTY GOOD LOW IN SUGAR AND COMES IN A SMALLER TUB