How?!?!

Options
To lose weight, you must burn more calories than you take in. Yet, my profile recommends 1,610 calories per day, but only 1,780 calories a week! And my target is to burn 2,610 and consume 1,610. How will I lose weight on this plan? Also, how will I burn 2,610 calories each day?! o_O

Replies

• Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something is wrong with your profile, or you're reading it wrong.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Those numbers don't sound right...
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I would go back and check all the information you put in to make sure it's accurate, because that doesn't sound right. Either you put something in wrong or there's a glitch, in which case I'd be contacting a staff member about it.
  • alexngbr
    alexngbr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you've set to lose 2lb a week then 2610 could be your maintenance and 1610 your calorie goal giving you a deficit of 1000 a daywhich works out as 2lb/week. Not sure how to make sense of the other numbers though. Hope that helps. Good luck.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    the weekly number is usually what you have as your workout calories burned goal so it's saying eat 1600. you plan to burn 1780 by working out and thus you will lose because you're eating a calorie deficit with exercise. As far as burning 2600 a day you do that by being alive for the most part the rest comes from exercise. Hope that helps some.
  • ianchandler
    Options
    This is what my "goals" page looks like: http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/tt142/wzenigma/?action=view&current=fitness.jpg
    If that helps haha. I hope they're wrong xD
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    The calories burned is just the calories you are planning to burn EXTRA through exercise...You burn a lot more every day by just living....

So eat the 1610 per day, and when you exercise, eat at least some to most of that too....
    Good luck
  • ianchandler
    Options
    So which exactly do I eat/burn? Pardon me, I'm new to the site. xD
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Alright, I see where the confusion is now.

The 1780/week fitness goal number doesn't factor into any calculations as far as I know. It's nothing more than a personal goal, and there is no penalty if you go under or over it. It represents the number of calories you hope to burn through exercise. If not, no big deal. It's handy for keeping track of how much you've exercised, but I personally ignore it and keep track of that on my own.

The important number here is the net calories, 1610 per day. If you do no exercise whatsoever, you'll want to eat 1610 calories per day. If you burn, say, 300 calories on any given day in exercise, you want to eat 1610+300=1910 calories that day. At least as far as that particular page goes, that's where you'll want to concentrate.