I need to stick with it!

Options
ok guys. I am writing this for motivation from you guys, but also to try and clear it out in my own head. It also makes me accountable to more than just my own conscious.

Summing up the following rambling:

1. I need to eat better again, but am sick of the foods I am able to pack for uni
2. I need to exercise a little each day, but I struggle to find the drive/time
3. I need to log each day - this is tieing in with the lack of drive/time

I am here after being very slack for for the last week. I think it has to do with me being bored with the food Im having. This happens when I have one unhealthy thing. Then I crave more unhealthy or takeaway things for ages. This has always been my problem.

Luckily, even though I have been really, REALLY bad this last week, I did not gain weight. But I need to get back on the bandwagon, otherwise I will.

I am a uni student and have been struggling to exercise for the last two weeks. I have done about two 30min things each week. I am just not motivated to get up and go. All I wan to do is snuggle up in bed with my book. I think uni is playing a role in me wanting to eat bad because I feel tired a lot when assignments are due.

I have also been sick for about two weeks now. Nothing bad. Started out with a bad cold. I got some cold and flu tablets. The bad part left, but I was still having to blow my nose a bit. As of probably thursday or friday, that cleared up. Then on saturday I started getting that tingle in the throat that makes you cough to get rid of it. It has gotten a bit worse from there. Today I have a little bit of a runny nose. So it looks like I'm going to have to grab those cold and flu tablets again. Being sick isn't so bad. It isn't the worst type, it is just one more thing on my plate coaxing me to just go lie in bed, read and not do any of my uni work. (as an excuse, not a way to get better).

Maybe I need to limit myself to only reading on the train and for an hour a night. I just bought Farseekers by Isobelle Carmody after reading the first in the series in a day and a half (big effort for me as I am a slow reader).

So that's my ramblings guys. sigh.... better go work out my food for today....

Replies

• Grod6690
    Grod6690 Posts: 22
    Options
    It is perfectly normal for you to be sick of foods and to lose your motivation!! It happens to us all, i can tell you now that the food i started eating when i started this have changed dramatically to the ones i eat now. I am at uni too, and i know what you mean about packing food and stuff, i take uncle tobys roll ups (suprisingly low in sugar!!) a aussie bodies protein bar, and if i am there through lunch and cant stop some fantastic rice crackers. They are all easy to take and nibble on during lectures.

Also if you want bad food, thats fine, just put it in here and see wat it adds up to be, if you are already over, change things around so you can have it tomorrow if you want it. You just have to be aware if you do have bad things you usually cant eat as much for the rest of the day.

Also, try skinny cow caramel ice cream cookies, they make my day and arnt to bad for you!!

You can do it, trust me if i can, you can to!

G
  • ljma84
    ljma84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey!

A few things came to mind when I read this-

You are poorly; when you are feeling rough and you are busy studying it's not fair to beat yourself up. Maybe take a proper break of a week when you've decided that you don't need to log things. Be kind to yourself and think about the goodness in your food.

Food on the go - My solution is to heat up soup in the morning when I'm making my breakfast, put some boiling water in a thermos - one of those shallow fat ones with a spoon - tip out the water when the soup is ready and pop your soup in there. That's a warm lunch sorted, then I take a banana, apple, some ricecakes and/or oatcakes. Healthy filling stuff so that I can save the treats 'til later when I'm actually paying attention.

Are those lovely dogs in your photos yours? I do cardio stuff, yoga etc. but the biggest chunk of my exercise is walking my dog or walking to work. Could you fit in walking with your dogs or round your uni between lectures? I've found I walk further or fast than I would have done because I'm timing myself and it equals more food!

I'm adding you, hope that's ok.
  • ljma84
    ljma84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just noticed this is an older post, hope you're feeling better.
  • Serenalal
    Serenalal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in Uni too , and its hard especially went you try to pack a healthy lunch when you are surrounded with takeaways . So I plan to kick my self into gear and really push myself to get at least 1kg a week off. I am going to first get a lot of nibbling foods , personally a lot of the time i was want to eat something other than I am hungry so I cut up carrot sticks to eat that. Also I am going to also east foods that make me full , like carbohydrates and protein nourishing and appealing foods because it can sustain you for longer and also if its not appealing i know i going to end up buying lunch. As for exercise i go to my uni gym , and do fitness classes 3 times a week and do weights myself 2 a weeks with weekends off. Fitness classes are really good for increasing motivation because its a set appointment you have , which makes you have a commitment and also you make or bring friends making you also more obliged to turn up.

Hope that helps, I going to push myself into gear for the next few weeks,

Go hard ,stay well :D
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouraging words guys. I am in the last week of the Trimester now. So it is truely crunch time. Things will be completely out of whack and I will not have time to exercise, but I will be back to the gym when my holidays start on Saturday. I am looking forward to it soo much. Good luck with your work too. We can all pull through together!
  • bjcl
    bjcl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    littemegzz
    I know exactly how you are feeling. I have started and stopped doing this a couple of times. I am back now and determined to get to my goal. If you need someone to encourage you each day, I would love to do that and you can do the same for me.
    Bettyjane:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: