Any Rroad bikers in here

Options
I have several bikes, but just pick up my first road bike. Anyone got any good tips or stories to share.

I picked up a 2011 Kona Zing Delux on the weekend and did my first commute to work on it today, I have to say I am loving the wight and performance of the road bike vs my commuter mtn bike.

Replies

• Nanamo2012
    Nanamo2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    GPZ 500s, though i dont get out on her much, too busy with grandkids and took up caravaning.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So, I would like to start road biking. I am enjoying my spin class so much that I go 3 times/week. And now that the weather is changing, I am starting to think it may be time to purchase some new wheels. Suggestions? I like Trek bikes - have owned a mountain bike and beach cruiser (7-speed) all made by Trek that kept me very happy...well, until now.:happy:
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    Trek makes some great rode bikes for all levels. My 2nd choice was going to be a Trek.
    I would suggest going in and get them to fit you and see if you like them.
  • Daizy426
    Daizy426 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a road bike. It's a 600 Honda Shadow, lol. :glasses:
  • miss_september
    Options
    I have a road bike. It's a 600 Honda Shadow, lol. :glasses:

That is the kind of road bike I was thinking too....I have a Yamaha FZ-6 ;)
  • chicobike
    chicobike Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I ride as well... Used to ride 100+ miles a week 40 weeks out of the year. I'm trying to get back to that again. It is very relaxing.

tips- if there is a local VELO club, or any cycle club for that matter- try going for the group rides. Ours has rides for beginners and taught the basics for pack riding, hill climbing and downhill. Helps with confidence, and generally at a pace where you don't feel like you're about to kill yourself.

I'll second what speedtrap said- get yourself fit for a bike.

And if possible- buy local... Lots of people buy a bike online that doesn't fit and they don't ride it. I bought mine local, and will do so again- even it is a few hundred more. The services that they have provided over the past 4 years has more than made up the cost difference.