Low-Cal Nachos for Lazy People

Options
Hey Everyone,

I'm always on the lookout for new quick and satisfying snacks to eat when I get home from work but before I eat dinner. I usually go to the gym about an hour after getting home and I usually don't eat dinner until 9:00 or so.

I recently fell in love with Special K Cracker Chips. I bring 15 (half a serving and only 55 calories!) with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow to work in my lunch. I eat tuna with green pepper slices as my main part so it gives a nice crunch.

Well, I went to the store yesterday and they were out of my beloved Sea Salt flavor! I had to settle for Southwest Ranch instead. I'm not a big flavor-lover but man, these guys are GOOD on their own and especially with the creaminess of Laughing Cow (what the hell did dieters do before these little wonder wedges came along!?).

Anyway, I got home from work and was intending to have 27 Southwest Ranch SKCCs (full serving) with TWO wedges of LC. I realized that I was then consuming 70 calories worth of 'dip' and thought that there must be a better option. Oh there is and it is GOOD.

I took 1/4th cup shredded fat free cheddar and layered it in the 27 chips. I microwaved for 20 seconds and topped with 1 tbsp of light sour cream. The result? Awesome, AWESOME 'Lazy Nachos' with the following stats:

175 Calories
25 g carbs
4 g fat
12 g protein

These were SUPER satisfying and I got to eat 27 of them! You could even add some salsa for minimal calories/no fat. I just didn't have any in the house. I might try adding seasoned ground turkey and veggies to make this into a meal.

Bottom line: I love lazy and tasty snacks and this one rocked!

Replies

• karegirl
    karegirl Posts: 6
    Options
    Sounds good!! I haven't tried the Special K cracker chips yet...just saw a commercial for them the other day and thought I should try them. Now I definitely will!!
  • Kait1215
    Kait1215 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump, will try thank you :)