Philly Color Run

Options
I was wondering if anyone is going to the Color Run in Philly! None of my friends want to so I'm trying to do a kind-of MFP roll call. :)

OR could anyone tell me if it's still fun to go alone? Trying to find a buddy may not work out, but I still really want to go!

Replies

• wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Valley Forge area, and have never heard of this. What is it? Any website to check it out?
  • kms7035
    kms7035 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's basically a 5k where you get blasted with colored powder! Google The Color Run and you will find tons of information on it... it looks really fun!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I live in Philly and run a few times a week. That sounds really cool and I would like to sign up for this. I have been looking for more races. Thanks for sharing.

Found additional information for the race at http://thecolorrun.com/philadelphia/
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on Facebook the other day and tagged some friends so I'm 99% sure I'll be there. Just waiting to clear it through my weekend job and I'll register! :) So excited!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I might be doing it, not sure yet.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I'm hoping to run my first 5k in the spring, so this definitely interests me if I make it through that one! Sounds like a lot of fun for a great cause!
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    It's call "Color Me Rad" - and I'm doing the one in Virginia Beach on May 6th - I'm so excited, it looks so fun!

We've got a big team together of people who are running - but I imagine it would be heaps of fun, even if you didn't have a team!

Here's the link: http://www.colormerad.com
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Yo! Let's hear it for the Philly kids! I'm just west of Valley Forge in the Collegeville area! I'm going to look it up and see if it works ofr my schedule! maybe we'll see some of you there!!
  • ChrissyWCU
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I am definitely interested in this one!
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I live in 'illadelph and I would love to!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    A friend just mentioned it to me a few days ago. Not sure yet if we'll do it but definitely looks like fun!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm doing it in Kansas City on July 1! weee
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm from the Valley Forge area, and have never heard of this. What is it? Any website to check it out?

Same here. Valley Forge area and have never heard of it. :)
  • emileeanne
    emileeanne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Kansas City on July 1 also!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

Same here. Valley Forge area and have never heard of it. :)

your phanatic picture makes me miss my phils...just a few more days till the season starts!
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the NYC one Aug 25th! It looks like so much fun!!!

www.thecolorrun.com
  • kms7035
    kms7035 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Turns out I'm going on July 8th...I looked more into it and it looks like a blast! Now to work on my running haha. :)
  • Missy5792
    Missy5792 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing it also! It looks way too fun to pass up!
  • christinelipski
    christinelipski Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll be there!! My first 5k!
  • fitfreshfierce
    Options
    My brother and I will be there! :)