Do people take days off?

Options
I am planning on taking a day off from the diet for easter. Eggs, buns, cheese, meat and definitely chocolate are necessities for an enjoyable holiday Easter in my opinion. Anyone else planning to do this too or take days off for any other reasons?

Replies

• zooblflot
    zooblflot Posts: 131
    Options
    Bump
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating what ever I want on Easter but not going hog wild. :) Since I started in January I have had days off or "cheat days" for Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, my birthday, and a GNO last week. I try and eat really good leading up to those days and exercise if I can that day (but won't for Easter because its Sunday).
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I do but they make me feel bloated and crampy so I'm not usually too tempted to do them again anytime soon.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    That's also my birthday, so while I won't go crazy, I will definitely be eating more calories than I should. Hello cake and ice cream!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I plan on eatting what I want..However the key is still moderation...I also plan on tracking it......its not a holiday every day and you cannot stay under your calories everyday!!!! Enjoy the day...there is nothing you can do in that one/two days that can cause damage!!!!

Enjoy the bunnies!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my "off" day anyone so yup I will splurge a bit. But only on what the kids will share with me! lol
  • breza262
    breza262 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Even Weightwatchers encourages a day per week for a bit of splurging. Just don't go too far or it will take a lot of effort to recover. Everyone is entitled to enjoying, especially on a holiday!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Yeah I prolly will too. Its ok to have cheat days!!! Just don't go TOO crazy lol
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I don't take days off. For me it's like asking an alcoholic to have a beer. One day of indulgence can mean falling back into old habits. I do go over my calories on rest days from time to time, but I am strict all the rest of the time.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    For me it's a lifestyle choice, not a diet. So taking days off isn't much of an option.
  • hawk1jen
    hawk1jen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also take "days off" but not too many. I always seem to feel like garbage the next day. If we do not enjoy ourselves once in a while we would be miserable!!! I say have a Happy Easter and enjoy!!!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Nope, I did not for turkey day, xmas or new year so Easter is no different for me. It's my personal preference. i wish I was one that could turn it off and back on again after a cheat day but I can't. I envy those that can. Enjoy your off day!
  • ckneasel
    ckneasel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    cheat days are integral to success during a sustained weight loss effort...
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    oh, i let myself take a day off for thanksgiving (ate PIE and everything on the table) and it launched me in a huge holiday binge chain that lasted the entirety of my winter break! cheat days arent too good on holidays for me....but every now and again, i have a treat :D
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,719 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah, I totally look forward to a wild, crazy free day once in a while. The key, for me, is to pace myself and not have them too often or too close together. A little over a week ago, my husband and I celebrated our anniversary, so I had one of those days. This week, we've been celebrating our son's birthday, so while a birthday is a legit reason in my book for having one of those days, I stuck to my plan, and I will for Easter too. I like to have at least a month between blowouts, but that's me. I think everyone has to figure out their own way to make these changes most of the time while taking enough breaks once in a while to keep from going crazy. How it works for one person may look completely different from how it works for another.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I took almost 43 years day off and now I am on MFP!!!!....so no cheat days for me!!
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    once or twice a week, 4500-5000 calories =]
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I took the weekend off and lived to tell the tale...lol. Seriously, though, a day here or there will not derail any of us from getting healthier and staying healthier. To me, balance is key.
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my "day off", I usually eat pork or beef and have a fun snack. So yes, I shall eat some yummies on Easter!
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    there's no such thing as a day off for me because I eat whatever I want, I just make it fit into my calorie goal for the day. I'm not on a "diet" that I'll one day stop. I'm learning how to eat correctly for the rest of my life. People who work out, etc, eat ice cream, cake and chocolate. It's a part of living. Learning how to make those foods part of your life is the only way to be realistic about long term success, imho.