Need Encouragement!

Options
Ok, Im not sure if I am doing this right....... So this may be a test run... I have been logging my food for 3 or so weeks and staying around 1200 to 1400 calories. I HAVE NOT LOST A POUND!! Been doing some exercise like Wii Fitness, Walking, Throwing the Softball with my daughter, etc. Im not sure how to request friends, but would really love some. i have never posted so i hope this comes through.

Replies

• Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been here just over 2 weeks and have not lost any weight. You know what? I am not giving up and you should not either. There are plenty of caring people here who will help and support you. So stick with this and you will succeed. Best of luck to you.
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. The more friends the more support.
  • debwallace
    Options
    hope i can help. in your profile did u put in the weekly weight u want to lose. it should calculate what calorie intake u should have.:smile:
  • debwallace
    Options
    i always could use more friends
  • wonlife
    wonlife Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We all need all the support out there we can find! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • babycakes814
    Options
    To request friends click on a persons profile and then on request friend. This can not be done with the phone app but get on the actual internet and u can do it. As far as the weight..are you eating the calories that you burn off with the exercise? If so then you will just maintain your current weight. Also watch not just your calories but watch that salt intake as it will cause bloat and water retention. Good luck!! Ill add you!
  • Triple3boys
    Options
    I need encouragement too. I just started on here this weekend. I work a desk job, so my lifestyle is quite sedentary to say the least. I need to lose weight and stay motivated to stick it out through the long haul. You can do this. I know it's not easy, but I look at it as a worthwhile, lifestyle investment. To eat right, exercise, and be healthy must become a way of life for all of us. It's the greatest gift we can give our loved ones is to take the time to take care of ourselves.

You can do this. Keep on, keeping on. I read a quote today: "If you are going through hell, keep going!" I thought that was profound. Trying to lose weight can be like a walk through hell, but if we stop trying, we get stuck in "hell" so it's a lose-lose either way. Just keep on, keeping on!

I'm cheering for you :smile:
  • tigerbabe2
    tigerbabe2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat w/o a darn paddle, have been on a week now am always under my calorie intake. Lost 4 inches, but not 1 lb. Stay strong, slow n steady........woot :happy:
  • sosdenton
    sosdenton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was the same way. Not losing pounds. Once I upped my calories I started losing. Just a thought. Good luck:)
  • michelle850
    michelle850 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started a couple of months ago, and it was really slow going at first, I felt like everyone else was dropping weight and I was just standing still, or going up and down the same pound! Don't give up!!!! It might take a little bit but it will come if you keep working at it!!
  • marryhair
    Options
    I am new here :) still trying to figure out how to log my exercise and food.... very hard with my food log since i dont count the calorie intake plus i love going out to lunch with my husband.... unfortunately its hard to order something good when i dont have all the support i need!! I'm usually on the go all the time with my kids and their busy schedules, but the weight just keeps adding on. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts that they would like to share with me i would appreciate it!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to take your measurements. Many people lose inches for a while because as they lose fat they gain muscle. Up your protein a smidge along with your calories. After a while I dare say your clothes will begin fitting better and weight will slowly begin to creep down. Slow and steady is the way to go. That's how it stays off.