protein

Options
I have never tried protein powder..do you recommend it to lose weight? if so, which one, would be the best? :0)

Replies

• joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    i do. I eat eggs ( a new Thing) but only meat 1x a month. I use almond milk, hemp seeds, chia seeds, PB2 and protein powder 3x week
  • mikeschierenberg
    Options
    Protein powder itself doesn't help you lose weight. It is only needed if you are not consuming enough protein in your daily diet. It is meant as an additional source of protein that is quick to consume, little calories and is easy for the body to digest. Most time protein powder is consumed after a weight-lifting workout.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    I like Julian Michal's all natural whey protein
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Protein can help you achieve a consistent macro diet.

For weight loss - I rely on 30% protein in my diet which adds up to about 170 g of protein. Since it's too expensive for me to get all of that from a food source, I get 60g from a protein shake daily.

I recommend trying out whey protein isolates for shakes - they should have the least amount of sugar and they won't have added creatine/supplements.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah protein will definately help! I like gold standard whey protein (low in carbs sugars and fats :] )
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I drink it everyday after my workout. I recommend jillian michaels its inexpensive 10 bucks at walmart
  • Looking4ward
    Looking4ward Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Whey powder generally contains 70% Lactose.

This is not recommended for anyone who is lactose intolerant.

I have no idea if Lactaid supplements would help.