Where can I find the nutritional value of sprouted grains an

Options
I've been reading about the health benefits of sprouted grains, legumes and nuts. It releases the enzyme inhibitors making them easier to digest and make the nutrients more available. May increase beneficial enzyme activity. Destroys lectins, which trigger inflammation and related problems. It can also decrease the carb content in the grain.
Since the nutritional values change from nut/seed to sprout, where do i I find out what the nutritional content is?

Replies

• 0BigLouie0
    Options
    Me, too! I just spent about an hour on the internet trying to find nutritional info/calories for sprouted rye, buckwheat, and corn, to no avail. I grind the sprouts and spread the "dough" out thinly and bake at 150 deg. to make super yummy crackers. I have no way of knowing how many calories they contain!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods

Enter the food name and the amount.
  • 0BigLouie0
    Options
    Thanks for the tip; I'll keep that website handy for looking up foods. However, they don't have any info on sprouted rye, barley, or corn. Still searching!
  • thin4good
    Options
    Thanks for the site. Lots of great info. Couldn't find the sprouted grains though. I'll keep looking.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    its good to be informed as to what you are putting into your body but there is also getting too wrapped up into small details. that can cause stress which decreases happiness.

just sayin. dont need to overthink this thing unless it makes you happy.

check out ezekial website. good earth or something like that. they are big on sprouted grains.