Fitbit AND HRM? Overkill?

Options
I have been going back and forth trying to decide what will be best for me.....and I want them both! lol Is it overkill? What do you think? Thanks!

Replies

• misty2ann
    misty2ann Posts: 127
    Options
    Anyone with any thoughts?:happy:
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer, but I'm kind of wondering this too! I just got a heart rate monitor and I really love it (turns out I was way underestimating calories burned...). But I still want a fitbit, but it seems a little indulgent. Maybe for my next big weightloss number I hit :)
  • misty2ann
    misty2ann Posts: 127
    Options
    Bumping myself....I really would like some thoughts on this. I know it's probably been debated and talked about before so I am sorry if it's annoying.:flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bump!

I have a fitbit and I want a HRM. Mainly because its more thorough and i'm a tech geek. I'm debating whether or not to just stick with the fitbit or get both. I don't want to turn into a robot but how fantastic would it be to have both~

I love the FB because it syncs with MFP. Love it. But i'm sure its missing lots o calories burned.

Decisions decisions.
  • gregersons
    gregersons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have both. I like the HRM for my workouts (I did the 30DS and now am almost done with the Ripped in 30). Those activities are not accurate on the fitbit. I love the fitbit because I don't have to wear my HRM while out for a walk. It also adds in calories when I am more active on a certain day! Love that!
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I wear my Bodymedia FIT all day, and my HRM during exercise and working out. Personally, I love having the data so don't see it as overkill. I also believe that both have been a BIG part of my success.