Waist-33
Hips-39

But around my but and thighs im -44

I think Im Pear shaped? no?

Replies

• hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Pear. Hourglass is like border line apple shape. Nothing wrong with pear, I'm a pear too, or a skittle I guess is the sub group of that.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    How about "untrained" shape....?

I
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Pear. Hourglass is like border line apple shape. Nothing wrong with pear, I'm a pear too, or a skittle I guess is the sub group of that.

hahahaha skittle, no dont get me wrong i like my shape i just wanna tone it up a bit....or alot lol
  • cr9576
    Options
    How about "untrained" shape....?

I

yea idk i guess lol
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    A picture would be a lot better than measurements.

Also, "hourglass is borderline apple"? Seriously? They look nothing whatsoever alike. If they did, an hourglass wouldn't even be remotely functional.
  • twinsies041
    Options
    A picture would be a lot better than measurements.

Also, "hourglass is borderline apple"? Seriously? They look nothing whatsoever alike. If they did, an hourglass wouldn't even be remotely functional.

haha this made me laugh
  • icarol71
    icarol71 Posts: 8
    Options
    think of the shape of an hourglass, bigger on top, skinny in the waist and bigger in the hips/butt thigh area. a pear is more skinny at the top and heavier from the waist down. then again its all in the eye of the person doing the looking too.
  • cr9576
    Options
    mmm too self-conscious to put a pic up yet, but il think about it
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    if you have to ask ... you're a pear
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options

People like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe were famous hourglasses. People with those figures usually aren't too self-conscious to show people, so I would automatically assume you're a pear.

The good news is that you've found a great site for getting exactly the figure you'd like to achieve.
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    Your body shape: Banana or Straight

Banana, or straight (rectangular)
    Banana-shaped women's waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hip or bust measurement.

http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html
  • cr9576
    Options

Banana-shaped women's waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hip or bust measurement.

hmm intresting site thx! but i dont think thats my body shape according to the pictures
  • cr9576
    Options

People like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe were famous hourglasses. People with those figures usually aren't too self-conscious to show people, so I would automatically assume you're a pear.

The good news is that you've found a great site for getting exactly the figure you'd like to achieve.

Not exactly true a woman can be 200+ pounds and still be hourglass shape, Im talking about body shape/ frame not how fit I am.
  • cr9576
    Options
    if you have to ask ... you're a pear
    aww man i was hoping someone would say hourglass but hey it is wat it is :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Well your numbers do show that you're a pear but I think its more accurate to tell it by how you look in the mirror & silhouette. Basically if your hips is wider than your shoulders with a small chest & with a smaller waist, your considered a pear.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Lol. I went to this site and it told me that my body is not one of the 4 shapes that they calculate. :) But I know that I am pear leaning towards hourglass.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you could be an hourglass underneath the overweight. for years, i appeared as a ruler (measurements as well) , but now that i'm losing weight, i'm becoming more and more of an hourglass. the thing with hourglass is that we tend to gain weight all over equally, which very easily can make it appear as rectangles. but in weight loss, we tend to lose quickest from the abs and then at a slower rate on the upper and lower body.

and sorry that makes no sense that hourglass figures cant be self conscious. anyone can be self conscious about their body, regardless of heir shape or size
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    On the numbers you give for bust, waist and hips, hourglass or straight, but you add that you're 44 around your bum: that's your real hip measurement - the widest point. Waist is another that is often measured incorrectly - it should be just below your navel, which is only your narrowest point if you are lean. If like most of us you are carrying a bit of belly fat, you are probably narrow near your chest than at your waist.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    You don't have a large difference between your measurements and a pear would have huge hips dear so you instead have a nice gentle proportionate curve. Since you are 38-33-39 (you use your largest bust measurement as the first #) I would say you're a Rectangle shape because you're proportioned, yet petite. :] It sounds bad (rectangle?! Who picked that name! lol) , but it doesn't mean you have no hips/bust..that is more like apple who have a big waist. You are like a smaller version of hourglass. I hope that helps some. xoxo The only reason you're not hourglass is because you need a 9-10 inch or more difference between your bust and waist and your hips and waist. Your bust and hips/toosh, at the same time, must be within 2 inches of each other. For example..36-24-36 (12 inch difference plus 36-24=2)
    My measurements are large hourglass:
    Bust: 44.5
    Waist:34
    Hips: 44.5

(bigger at the moment since I just ate 7 square greasy slices of pizza, a stuffed shell and cheese fries LOL)

So it is about a 10 inch and 11 inch difference with no more than a 2 inch difference between hips and bust even though the two examples are so different in size. When I was thin I stayed hourglass with measurements of about 40-28-41. Some people change shape as they gain or lose weight.. To understand more you could read this stuff I copied from a website lol >

Hourglass Shape: This is considered as one of the best female body shapes. Where the bust and hips measurements would be almost the same circumference, though the bust can be ‘one inch’ larger than the hips. The waist would be much smaller. A perfect hourglass shape is where the difference between the ‘waist and the bust’ and ‘waist and hips’ is at least ‘nine inches’.

Pear or Spoon Shape: If there is a wide difference in measurements between the hips and bust and hardly any between the chest and waist. Hips are ‘two inches’ or more larger than the bust and waist is less than 9.25″ smaller than the bust.

Ruler(Rectangle) Shape: If there is hardly any difference in the measurements of waist, bust and hips. The waist is less than ‘nine inches’ smaller than the bust.

Conical(Triangle) Shape: Normally where the bust and waist are same but the hips are ‘at least nine inches smaller’ than the chest. The standard measurement is, bust 3.6″ or larger than the hips and the waist less than 9″ smaller than the bust.

Apple Shape: If the waist measures larger compared to the hip and chest.

http://www.womansmagazine.net/how-to-test-your-body-shape.html
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    WAIT up lol 44 inches? Thats not rectangle my bad hun you're totally pear! 44-33 = 11 love your curves and try to keep them. :] That is the number you use..so it would be 38-33-44