Help: tips on how to stop snacking and sugar addiction!!

Options
Hi everybody,

I need support and friends to help me out end this terrible addiction I have to sugar. My workouts and diets do not help because I cannot stop snacking on all the wrong things. Anybody have any tips on how to successfully stop this? I feel like I constantly need to eat something and, at the end of the day, my calories count is double from what it should be...
Please share your success stories on how you have stopped this!

Replies

• mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    It is a tough thing to do. It took me a long time...I had to cut back slowly. Now I am diet pop, sugar-free candy. I still have the odd sugar treat, but bad choices lead to more bad choices in my world! Contact me anytime for more ideas.
  • saskia777
    saskia777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mikeyboy, I haven't thought about sugar free candy. I'll try eating gum as well, sugar free, maybe it helps when I have a craving, kind of like nicorette with smoking:-)
    As you say, it's so easy to make the wrong choices and so hard to stay away from them...Thanks again and good luck with your goals.
  • JenM28
    JenM28 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm totally with you. If it involves sugar or carbs, I used to be totally in!! One of my favorite 'fixes' now is actually an apple ... cut up into bite sized pieces, sprinkled with a little cinnamon and truvia (if you have some) and thrown in the microwave for 2 minutes. Truly tastes like apple pie (well, as close as you can get without real sugar or carbs). :-) Try this instead of chocolate and see how it works!!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mikeyboy, I haven't thought about sugar free candy. I'll try eating gum as well, sugar free, maybe it helps when I have a craving, kind of like nicorette with smoking:-)
    As you say, it's so easy to make the wrong choices and so hard to stay away from them...Thanks again and good luck with your goals.

Sugar free products take some getting used to, but now I find full sugar stuff way too sweet! Good luck to you too!