What do you think about 'break' days?

Options
I have been working out everyday on my elliptical, for at least 200 calories. It seems like everyday it gets harder and harder to do it, instead of easier. I asked my mom, and she said its because i need a day or two a week to let my body rest. I feel like if i do that, my muscles will tense up and just not burn calories, therefore no weight loss. So, should i take breaks? if so, how many a week?

Replies

• CrazyFly7
    CrazyFly7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I take a day or two to rest. But my rest days I'm still pretty active, you know around the house, doing chores, perhaps a light walk, that sort of thing. Your body does need rest to go 100% those 5-6 days. But the other thing is to listen to what your body is telling you, if you find that after 7-8-9-10 days in a row of the elliptical and you generally wake up pretty early and one day you wake up at 11 am, your body's telling you it probably needs some rest. I think that you would see weight loss even with a day/2 day rest because your body would be well rested and ready to go for its workouts.