NOT LOSING WEIGHT! HELP!

Options
Iam basically stucked with my weight 145 lbs for the last month. I already changed my calorie intake per day and still there are no changes. Please help! Thanks! :)

Replies

• 715hopers
    715hopers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same place. My weight has been stuck at 140 for the past 6 weeks...although I lost 10 lbs when I first started using MyFitnessPal. I just want to lose ten more! I hope someone has some advice.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just went in and took a peek at your diary. You might want to try switching out some of the sugary and fried foods for fruits and veggies. I went back a week and only saw veg 2x and no fruit logged...also almost no water. Adding enough water can be very helpful. Good luck!
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough information here to help you.

First thing I noticed is that there are many days where you don't fill out your diary. That automatically makes any attempts at help nothing more than a vague guess.

Secondly, it appears you're trying to be a 130 lb male. You're automatically looking at 2 pounds of weight loss a month, tops. And that assumes ideal conditions. Based on that, there are many days where you eat way under your caloric requirements. This will cause your metabolism to slow down. For someone who is already fairly fit, this will manifest itself as a weight loss plateau.

In summation: log everything as precisely as possible every day and be patient.
  • keloman
    keloman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just went in and took a peek at your diary. You might want to try switching out some of the sugary and fried foods for fruits and veggies. I went back a week and only saw veg 2x and no fruit logged...also almost no water. Adding enough water can be very helpful. Good luck!

Thanks!
  • keloman
    Options
    Not nearly enough information here to help you.

First thing I noticed is that there are many days where you don't fill out your diary. That automatically makes any attempts at help nothing more than a vague guess.

Secondly, it appears you're trying to be a 130 lb male. You're automatically looking at 2 pounds of weight loss a month, tops. And that assumes ideal conditions. Based on that, there are many days where you eat way under your caloric requirements. This will cause your metabolism to slow down. For someone who is already fairly fit, this will manifest itself as a weight loss plateau.

In summation: log everything as precisely as possible every day and be patient.

Thanks!
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Yeah, out of curiosity I checked it too... Man, so many carbs and not nearly enough lean protein, fruits & veggies... Candy, sugar, crackers, etc shouldn't be what makes up the bulk of your calories. 130 sounds awfully thin for a grown man, unless you aren't very tall. Good luck to you and embrace healthier eating!!!
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    23yo male eating 1300 a day? come on bro... you can do better then that... oh and more protein
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My stomach hurts looking through your diary. Aren't you hungry? I didn't see any exercise logged either. Eat better and exercise more. Definitely agree with Taylerr88: you need more protein!
  • MamaKarrot
    MamaKarrot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My thoughts looking at your journal:

Aren't you starving by the end of the day? Way too low of calories.
    In addition to that, swap out stuff like the raisin bread for more protein and fruits and veggies. Nuts, greek yogurt, peanut butter, etc are all better snacks that will fill you up, up your calories, and help you lose more. Eating is 80% of the battle for weight loss and your overall health.
    Breakfast should always have a protein, even if it's only part of your breakfast. I almost always have a banana with peanut butter with my breakfast in the AM. It helps me get through a day. :)

Good luck, hope that helps!
  • keloman
    Options
    Thank you guys for the help! :)
  • keloman
    Options
    BTW, Im 5'4 in height. I already lost 40+ calories since december. My trainer told me that my ideal weight is 130 lbs.
    I guess I have to be more patient in order for me to get those cuts and abs. haha
  • bestshiratakinoodles
    Options
    You should maintain your diet like avoid fast food, fried things & start yoga its beneficial for weight loss !!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more vegetables, fruits and grains - easy! Go back to the ole food pyramid.:smile: