Daily Routine (Working)

Options
So I have heard more times than any that your daily routine, something like the work you do or the active stuff you do like that every day, should not be considered with your other "activities" or other "exercises" because it is something you do every day and your system adjusts and gets use to it.

I do not track what I do at work. I am on my feet 6-8hours a day, brisk walking back and forth, waving every body part like a mad woman running a food store :laugh: I do not track this because it is something I do 5x + a week. I do see other people though, who consider their "daily routine" exercise...

I am concerned, to a point where, I am worried about what I am doing when I see others mentioning that they track those daily routines. I am already having a problem just eating the calories I need to before "outside" exercise and if I need to being tracking any calories from work and am not I know that puts me at even a higher risk to depriving myself. :frown:

What are your guys take on this?
I seriously think about this a lot and have always thought that those activities did not count. Any, helpful in put is encouraged

thanks guys :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    If you live an active routine in daily life from working etc then you should set that in your goals- it gives you more calories daily. Therefore, if you are on your feet 8 hrs a day, you would set that as a higher daily activity level and then just add in the extra exercises you do.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    This ^^^^

The simplest way to work things out is to set your activity level to account for your day to day movements - the stuff you do at home, work etc. Then you only have to log specific extra exercise like going to the gym etc.

So for you, that would probably mean setting your activity level as "active". This gives you more calories to provide your body fuel to keep working through your busy day.

The other option is to set your activity level as "sedentary" and log any movement you do (beyond just strolling around the house) as exercise, which gives you more calories to provide your body fuel to keep working through your busy day.

The outcome is the same - one way or another, you have to provide your body with energy (ie. calories) in order to stay healthy and able to get through the day without getting worn out. Food is fuel remember, calories are not the enemy!
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    Thank you both. :flowerforyou:

I was able to go in and make the necessary changes to my goals, and lucky for me it was only changing my activity level and I even upped my planned exercises for the week. It did not make a huge difference in my calorie allowance which makes me feel better about the route I have been going to last 5weeks.

I know calories are not the enemy. I am still just trying to learn all this stuff, change my diet, and find out why certain things do what they do. Right now my new task to is find a "good food" that will help get my calories where they need to be, that I will have the appetite to eat, and that fits into my side Carb diet (doctor's orders)

It is exciting to learn new things though, so you can make what you are trying to do, work :ohwell: