Hoping for some new, supportive friends

Options
zubora
zubora Posts: 2 Member
Hi all,
I recently came across the MFP app and from there found my way to the site. After a disastrous and humiliating session with a weight loss group when I was in my teens, all my weight loss attempts have been silent struggles with myself. I've tried lots of diets with varying success, but the weight always comes back. And the heavier I get, the more I tend to isolate myself. Sound familiar to anybody?

Maybe if I get some outside help and encouragement (and of course give it back too!) I will be able to finally take the weight off and keep it there? I'm hoping it's time for me to break the cycle I've been stuck in for all these years and finally make a real change. :)

If my ramblings haven't turned you off, then I would really appreciate some friend invites. Looking forward to hearing from you! ( ^ ^)

Replies

• ceruleanarcher
    Options
    Definitely looking for the same! Hope I can help! :D
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Me and you are definitely the same!
  • lyn1250
    lyn1250 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi me too. I already lost 14 lbs so really pleased, but have LOADS more to go. I need all the help I can get, and will give you as much as you need too.
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Sending you all requests. Be encouraged, we can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.
  • Ren_Walker
    Ren_Walker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello - I know how you feel! Sending a friend request :) think that it will be easier to do this with friends!
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is really supportive, adding you now!
  • TepaLepa
    TepaLepa Posts: 6
    Options
    hey guys im new to this and really have to lose weight.... so ... hey
  • rhe276
    rhe276 Posts: 46
    Options
    friend request sent
  • megan3babies
    Options
    new as well I'm 27 years old i have three kids 8, 5, and 3 and after a long time on a certain medication i really ballooned in weight i need to really take this time and do something about my weight i have a great treadmill i have had for 3 years and never really touched and have the internet back and was told about this site so im hoping with all the right tools i can now make this work for myself and my family, Would love some support and hope to give support back as well
  • NWriceC
    NWriceC Posts: 28
    Options
    Definitely in a similar boat, adding you now.
    Good luck!

Together, anything is possible!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Sending friend request! I support YOU!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Request sent!
  • zubora
    zubora Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, all! I must admit I'm rather overwhelmed by all the support - in a good way, of course!

I'm hoping to lose all of my 17kg goal - never managed to lose more than 7kg or so before I would blow right back up.

Thanks for all of the kind words of support. i'll do my best to be supportive of all of you as well! \(@^-^@)/
  • melly198199
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too! Looking for support and tips! I will request you, I hope we can help eachother!
  • crystalkiss
    crystalkiss Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been doing this a few weeks and have lost 12 pounds already. Losing weight is definitely a struggle. I have still have about 88 more pounds to go. I love this site and have found (and given) all kinds of positive encouragement! I will send a friend request as well! :)