3,600 calorie binge day, will i gain any actual FAT from tod

Options
normal intake is about 1,200 and i've been going steady on that amount for a while. today i over did things a lot and my calories accumulated to well over 3,000 cals. is it possible to gain from this, is there anything i can do to prevent any weight gain from today?

Replies

• MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I binged today, I know for a fact that you will not gain any fat from one binge, no matter how big it is.
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    Nope. You will see the scale go up for a day or two, but that will come right back down.
    I do some damage on the weekends here and there and it never hurt my progress.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Yes you will gain weight from this binge, but it will be probably half a pound of fat or so.
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    You're fine, but don't get me wrong you'll gain. It'll take a few days however for your weight to return to normal.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Even if you were to gain actual fat from it, keep in mind it wouldn't be the entire 3600 calories, it would be the amount over your maintenance calories. Your maintenance is probably what, like around 2000, so you're looking at less than half a pound worth of excess calories. So EVEN IF your excess turned into fat (which it probably won't from just a one-day overage), you could easily get it back off in a week or less with a healthy deficit.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    it may actualy help you and spike your metabolism. I wouldn`t worry about any gain on the scale just drink lots of water and go back to normal spike days are a good thing every once in awhile just don`t make them regular kwim
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. My parents are going away for Easter so we did Easter brunch yesterday. I ate a ton, but my average for the week was still under maintenance so I'm not stressing about it. I try to do a good job everyday, but I find looking at the average over a week or so and having up gays and down days to be helpful in keeping my metabolism from slowing down.
  • Jameslemond
    Jameslemond Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    3500 calories = a pound of fat so.............. you might gain a pound.
  • MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    Options

no. Hell no. That is wrong.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Just stay off the scale a few days, drink lots of water to balance out all the sodium, and get back to your routine. :) We've all been there!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options

But, once again, not all of what she consumed is going to be stored. Calories don't magically turn into fat the second you eat food; it takes time. With her TDEE at at least 1800 (most likely), and with a deficit of 600 a day... I doubt she'll see a one day binge on the scale once the water weight is gone.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options

But that's not counting her bmr and all that though is it. So her actual left over calorie intake would be lower than 3500 anyway.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options

But, once again, not all of what she consumed is going to be stored. Calories don't magically turn into fat the second you eat food; it takes time. With her TDEE at at least 1800 (most likely), and with a deficit of 600 a day... I doubt she'll see a one day binge on the scale once the water weight is gone.

haha, said much better by you than me, should leave this stuff to those in the know... What she said ^
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Depends on your metabolism I guess. I just have to look at a chocolate bar and I will gain weight.
  • TunaNuggets
    Options
    The original post is from December??

The weight on the scale might go up due to water retention from excess carbs/sodium. Weight loss should still result as long as you're under your maintenance calories by the end of the week or so.

Also, I was thinking that a person would gain a pound of fat if they eat over 3500 calories of their MAINTENANCE. And if they are strength training, then maybe not that much since some of it would be used to build muscle. But perhaps this is flawed thinking?
  • miahnkaysan2010
    Options
    i do this every now and than an boy does it feel awfull but just think...just start over right now at this moment...do a really big workout drink alot of water and start over good...you will be ok!