fresh start in the UK

Options
Hi I am determined that this time things will be different. In the past I have lost weight and then put it back on. I read that being in a supportive environment helps with weight loss so any support I can give or get would be gratefully received.

I am female and just over 50 which is shocking to write as I don't feel it and am finding it harder to loose weight. I realise that I need to exercise more the trouble is fitting it in.

Replies

• mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    hello ,this site is brill for info and support .I have been here just over a mionth and love the message boards and all the help and info .Feel free to add me if you want an extra buddy :)
  • childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Well I can honestly say this site can solve your problems. I started 14 month ago and have lost over 100 pounds by just keeping check of what I am eating and about an hours walk every day. All you need is motivation and the want to lose weight and realise that you can be whoever you want to be and if that is 25lb lighter then you make it happen! Stay in the green on your daily calorie goal and do not deprive yourself of your favourite foods, just simply eat fewer of them, throw vegetables and fruit into your diet and hey presto!

Feel free to add me if you like, I am only too happy to help :-)
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm the same with losing and then putting on, I've always thought the difficulties not in losing the weight so much as keeping it off. Feel free to add me
  • Ren_Walker
    Ren_Walker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm just the same with losing and then putting it back on - also wanting a fresh start. Please add me if you'd like :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm also in the UK and I just want to say, there is always time!
    Get a short daily workout video like 30 Day Shred (20 minutes a day for 30 days) and I can PROMISE you, you will make the time.
    Feel free to add me, I'm always on the lookout for new friends :)
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    from UK, over 50 , and back after a christmas break.. how i wish i hadn't stopped, i was so close to my goal, new friends always welcome, if u want me
  • Mojofiendish
    Options
    Hi there! I am also in the UK........I'm in Kent, where today it was sunny but as the day progresses its becoming overcast and cloudy......just in time for my outdoor exercise.

I hope you don't mind, I've sent you a freind request : )

I only joined MFP on Saturday altho I have in the past been a yo-yo dieter. SO far I've filled in my food diary online everyday and its making me more conscience of what I eat and how much I exercise soI'd say so far so good for me.

Good luck with your weight loss, I have no doubt you will achieve your target with lots of friendly support here.

Jo.
  • Gettingbettereveryday
    Options
    Hi - know what you mean about not feeling 50! Best of luck with your weight loss - I've been on here since around the end of June, have lost 35 pounds and still have a stone to go, by keeping track of what I eat and exercising - I have had personal training sessions which I only meant to have to give me a kick start but now feel like they're a necessity! MFP is great for support and for keeping your eye on the ball - even if it goes off from time to time this site helps you get back on it again. Feel free to add me as a friend - that goes for anyone else really - I still appreciate all the help I can get and will be happy to support other wannabe weight losers
  • Skye1999
    Skye1999 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi I am from the UK and live in glorious Devon. I am 67 and really do not feel it, though I am carrying a lot of weight around, but things are going to change, and I am so pleased I found this site, purely because I downloaded an app for the ipad what luck that was. Add me as a friend if you like.