Hello :)

Hi all
I've been lurking on here a while but am finally introducing myself. I'm in my early 30s, in the UK and have about 20lbs to lose to get to my final goal. I lost about 10lbs of that last year but have put it back on through laziness and chocolate, and am determined this time to get below 9st and STAY THERE for good (I'm 5ft2 so that seems like a sensible goal to me). I am pretty good at knowing what to eat, but pretty bad at sticking to it, and have never been any good at exercising although I know this will make all the difference. We have just bought a Wii so I'm hoping I'll get stuck in to some fitness stuff on there, and I have even been considering starting running as we have just moved to an area with flat, safe paths along the canal and round the estate that seem ok - plus I don't know anyone here yet! Anyway as is the case for all of us I have a busy life (I work full time and am doing a Masters degree as well) so I can't promise I will be on here all the time but am here to give and hopefully receive some support, advice and encouragement. If anyone wants to be friends then please add me :) - oh, and btw I am veggie and love to cook, so am keen for recipe swaps!
Hope to hear from some people soon :)

Replies

• nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    hi. glad you are here. friend request sent. :D
  • Hi friend request sent nice to see you o her e and hope we can be friends audrey
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 335 Member
    Welcome! I started running in Walthamstow, East London, and running on the canals was great! Although not the best neighbourhood I ran there for two years, night and day, and never had any problems. It is so beautiful and peaceful running along the canals. They are also great for cycling. You sometimes have to lift your bike over bridges but it is better than cycling on the streets! There is a great running site that maps out all of London, if that is where you live, and tells you how far you have gone. I have moved back to Canada so it has been about 5 years since I lived in England. I think this is the site
    http://www.walkjogrun.net/index.cfm?c=London England&lg=-0.124969482422&lat=51.5001943595&zmlevel=5
    Good luck with your fitness and weight loss goals!
  • Ren_Walker
    Ren_Walker Posts: 9 Member
    THanks all :) and for the running tips - sadly I'm not in London, I'm in the West Midlands, but canals is canals and I reckon it might be a good thing to try. Feeling all positive and fresh start-y, hope I can keep it up!