Zumba for Wii

Options
angbieb
angbieb Posts: 692 Member
I'm thinking about buying one of the Zumba workouts for Wii; don't know which one to get or if it will be worth it. If you have one of them or all of them, do you like it? Which one do you like the best?

Replies

• clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have Zumba Fitness for the Wii and I think its great!
    The tutorials are a little hard to follow and you feel a bit silly on your first try but you soon get into it and it's loads of fun and burns loads of calories.

I always feel tired after 20 minutes but I'm loving it so much that 40 minutes passes by super quick :)

I would definitely recommend getting it!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've got zumba 1 and love it. Make sure you get the one with the belt. Don't do the tutorials they seem over complicated! Just put them on and follow it, you'll get the hang of it after a few goes so don't give up. The last 28lbs I lost was whilst doing it 5 days a week and walking at weekends! X
  • angbieb
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! How long are they and how many cals do you burn on average?
  • angbieb
    Options
    I've got zumba 1 and love it. Make sure you get the one with the belt. Don't do the tutorials they seem over complicated! Just put them on and follow it, you'll get the hang of it after a few goes so don't give up. The last 28lbs I lost was whilst doing it 5 days a week and walking at weekends! X

Do you have the belt so you don't have to hold the controller?:smile:
  • angbieb
    Options
    Does anyone know?
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have Zumba 1, found it a little hard to copy at first but got ust to it, i really enjoy it, normally just do 20 mins begginer and it makes me hot and sweaty, sometime when im feeling fit i do another lol =p

The belt holds the remote and i think tracks your movements making the lady on screen turn green when you get the move right, but i figure as long as your moving its still exercisse! When i doubt just wiggle your bum and hips lol.

Im 5'2 and 126lbs and in 20 mins i burn 150calories (according too http://www.zumbacalories.com )
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! How long are they and how many cals do you burn on average?
    I have Zumba 2 and they range from 20-45 mins. You can burn 200-1000 calories, depending on the intensity.
    Here's a calculator - http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • kellym0710
    Options
    I have both and I love them. But, i must admit that ZUMBA 2 is better. Plus, when you set up your profile it will calculate your calories burned at the end of your workout. I usually average about 700 calories on a long class which is an hour.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to get Zumba 2!
  • Wottie72
    Wottie72 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have had 1 & 2 and can most defiantely say no 2 is better.
  • Auletes8603
    Auletes8603 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Do you have the belt so you don't have to hold the controller?:smile:

Yes, the controller goes in the side of the belt.
  • Auletes8603
    Auletes8603 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba 2 after becoming obsessed with going to my Zumba classes. It really is as good as going to the class. It calculates how many calories you burn at the end and everything. Great for using in conjunction with MFP!!

More importantly, it's fun and easy... is there anything else that's fun and easy that helps you lose weight??
    I haven't weighed myself in over a month since I started, and I can't wait to see how much I lost.
  • soonernick
    soonernick Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    On a side note, get the XBOX w/ Kinect. No controler and great workout games.