How do you Eat on your RECOVERY days?

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
Do you eat what you want? Do you log it? Or do you stay under your calorie goal still even though you have no calories to eat back?

Replies

• Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I only ate what MFP gave me but I feel like I didn't eat enough so I am bumping this :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Do you eat what you want? Do you log it? Or do you stay under your calorie goal still even though you have no calories to eat back?

I try to hit my calorie goal as close as possible.

Lifting days: Regular moderate carb, protein, low fat
    Non-Lifting Days (closest I'll get to a Recovery Day): Low carb, moderate protein, moderate fat
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I always eat more protein when I am sore, scientific? No.
    When I am not sore i don't stress as much as when I am.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I make sure I have enough protein; as for my calorie goal, I strive for just my BMR.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing this morning!

I'm trying to build muscle and want to have plenty of fuel for that.

My thought this morning was that the rebuilding process will continue for awhile past the workout, even into the recovery day. Could be wrong, just my shower reasoning. I will have to do some research on this today, here's my thought until I learn otherwise:

I'm going to let my appetite guide me and if I come in low on a recovery day won't force myself to eat more. I'm still going to keep my protein, carb, and fat ratios as close to my goal as possible.
  • violetbrick
    Options
    although I'm not a huge fan of the protein diet,
    on my recovery day I eat mainly proteins,
    and DRINK A LOT!
    It helps to clean the boddy out of the rubbish etc.

Well there are some occasions that force you to eat something that is not so good for the diet but
    If only you don't loose yourself and remain conscious about what you eat and dont throw food into your
    stomach as if it was a rubbish bag then sure, you can allow yourself to have a taste of some goodies
    from time to time ; )
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I log it, but I also tend to eat everything in sight :)